Default Bad battery or Bep VSR

Hello all,

I wondered if any might have some insight into my problem.

I have two batteries (#1 Accessories, #2 Engine) with my Bep VSR set to two. A sticking bilge ran down battery #1. Replaced the bilge. I have been trying to recharge battery #1 with a few hours of cruising but the next evening always come back to a dead #1.

I also have two stinger voltage meters on the dash. Tonight, for the first time, I noted a "low" reading on the #1 battery meter even with the motor running. Usually the meter spikes up and begins charging even with the BEP VSR set to #2. The reading remained "low" until I switched to #1 & #2 on the BEP. After 20 minutes or so I put the VSR back to #2 and within a few short minutes the meter would plummet down to "low".

I've pulled battery #2 and placed on the charger. I'll have it tested before putting back in the boat tomorrow.

Does it sound possible that I have a failing BEP VSR? Any way to check this?

Thanks,

Kirk
    2008 Moomba LSV
    2008 LSV, Gravity III Ballast, 750's Rear, 400 Center, Wake Plate, 3 Pairs of Exile SX65c cabin speakers, Exile Xi800.4, Roswell Stock Towers, Kicker Stock Sub.

1) properly charge the batteries with a battery charger (not the alternator) then have them tested. Good chance the #1 that was run down by the failed pump is toast.

2) If nothing concrete is found when charging and testing the batteries, then you need a Volt meter and test the voltage at each battery with them back in place and the engine running. If its not up to par, 13+ with engine running, then work your way back to the alternator testing on both sides of the VSR and switch along the way.

Yep what MLA said, most likely the battery not the vsr.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Thanks much for the input. Bad cell...two new batteries and I'm good to go.

KP
    2008 LSV, Gravity III Ballast, 750's Rear, 400 Center, Wake Plate, 3 Pairs of Exile SX65c cabin speakers, Exile Xi800.4, Roswell Stock Towers, Kicker Stock Sub.

Good news! Thanks for the update