Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Angry Need Help with factory 2011 LSV MB Quart Stereo

So I need some suggestions, I purchased a 2011 LSV new last year and have had a hissing sound in the speakers (only when the engine is running) from day one. My dealer has tried a few things with no success. The sound is very annoying, so much so that we have stopped using the stereo all together. My wife’s favorite feature of the boat is the stereo; hence this has become a big issue! This is our third new Skiers Choice boat since 2005 (first two were a 2005 Supra 21 & a 2008 Gravity Games XLV) and may be our last. We have had similar issues with the other two boats as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I don’t get this figured out soon we will be an ex Skiers Choice customers! So if someone from the factory reads this please step up and help me fix this issue!
    Thanks,
    2011 LSV
    Loaded, 340 HP

Quote Originally Posted by jikemones View Post
    So I need some suggestions, I purchased a 2011 LSV new last year and have had a hissing sound in the speakers (only when the engine is running) from day one. My dealer has tried a few things with no success. The sound is very annoying, so much so that we have stopped using the stereo all together. My wife’s favorite feature of the boat is the stereo; hence this has become a big issue! This is our third new Skiers Choice boat since 2005 (first two were a 2005 Supra 21 & a 2008 Gravity Games XLV) and may be our last. We have had similar issues with the other two boats as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If I don’t get this figured out soon we will be an ex Skiers Choice customers! So if someone from the factory reads this please step up and help me fix this issue!
    Thanks,
    Sounds like a bad ground to me. Can you provide some more info about your stereo system? Do you have any amps? If so, how many? What are they powering? Do you have tower speakers? Is the hissing noise coming from All of your speakers? I have a 2011 LSV and don't have this problem. I removed the MB Quart radio and installed a Kenwood. I didn't have this problem before removing the MB Quart either. In my previous '05 LS I did have this problem but it was only coming from the tower speakers the root cause of that was a bad level controller. I swapped that out with the Kicker RZLC and the problem was gone.

I have had this problem in cars before and it was because of a bad ground.

There should be tons of info on this site about this problem and I am sure Phil from Kicker or David from Earmark Marine will chime in eventually.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I have two amps, sub, tower and boat speakers. As far as I can tell the hissing noise is coming from the tower speakers.
    2011 LSV
    Loaded, 340 HP

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but have you asked your dealer to fix it?

It should still be under warranty, or just past, but if you have bought all 3 boats from the same dealer I can't see why they wouldn't do everything possible to keep you satisfied and in the SC franchise.

I did ask the dealer to fix it. They tried a few things last Summer with no sucess. I also store the boat inside with them during the winter so I asked them to take a look at it again. (October 31 to May 1st) They said that they asked Skiers Choice for help concerning the issue and didn't get any usefull information?
    2011 LSV
    Loaded, 340 HP

Quote Originally Posted by jikemones View Post
    I have two amps, sub, tower and boat speakers. As far as I can tell the hissing noise is coming from the tower speakers.
    Do you have a remote volume controller for your tower speakers? Did the system come wired up from the factory or was it installed by your or a stereo shop?
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I can assist you.

First off, the stereo power wiring needs to be re-routed. Take the radio's red wire, yellow wire, and black wire and disconnect them from their current wiring harness. re-route the red power wire through a switch or relay so that the stereo can be turned off, and then take the wiring and go to the largest amplifier's terminal block and connect it there, with a 5A or 10A fuse right at the amp power lug. Connect the yellow wire to the same fuse so that if either the red or the yellow wire shorts out the fuse will blow. Take the black wire and run it straight to the bigggest amps negative terminal. I have attached an image showing this.

For your tower amp, what model amp do you have, (just to confirm)? I actually set the factory settings in the plant for your system, so we can check the amp and make sure that it is set to our specs.

Talk to me Goose, I will get you through it.

Phil
    Kicker

Attachment 14416Attachment 14417
    Last edited by philwsailz; 05-17-2012 at 10:30 AM.

I cant seem to get my pictures to post.... Weird.

Phil, thanks for the information. I will try your reccomendations and see how it goes. I hope it works.
    2011 LSV
    Loaded, 340 HP

Phil,
    I retraced all of the wiring and everything looks good. It still make the noise, only when the engine is running or when I first turn the key on. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    2011 LSV
    Loaded, 340 HP