Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No stereo??

Heck, I have a "lamintator" (as Kira calls it) at home you can use Jet!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450

In my living room I have one of those cardboard cutout bigscreen TV's like they use in displays. I think it looks great but the kids hate it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    P5 Danielo Diamond 58"
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Get the brochure for a really nice source unit, cut out the image and paste it up over the hole.
    Go find an 8-track player and 8-track tape. Mount the player and print out current artwork from a favorite artist and glue it on the 8-track. Tell friends you are rocking it old-school...

I built a manufacturer's show car about 20 years ago that had an old 6-volt tube radio in the dash. As a giggle, we installed an FM-to AM converter in the antenna input. We then used a small FM transmitter to hit the radio with the tunes.

Another time we decided to kluge together a CD walkman, connected to a cassette adaptor, which was inserted into an 8-track adaptor, allowing us to play CD tracks through a transmission-hump-mounted Lear 8-track player....
    Last edited by philwsailz; 05-17-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Yeah, once I retired from riding shotgun for the Wells Fargo stage coach line I became a stereo installer putting tube radios and chicken wire antennas in Model Ts.