Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Props

Quote Originally Posted by KRAK View Post
    Here's my ACME 1235 on my '10 LSV w/boatmate trailer.
    Hmmm- so that's what mine should be looking like...

I'd make a slight tweak to that price range and say more like $400-500. And definitely call Nettles and or Acme.with any Q's. I did yesterday - got right through to both. Amazing customer service.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Berg, I thought the same thing. Your boat has a lot more shaft on the backside of the strut.

Keep that on the down low tho or Dusty's Mom is going to be calling for a date with your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
    im new to the whole props and what one does what..i have my 04 outback and all we do on it is wakeboard and tube..no skiing. Soo i want to set it up the best i can with some sacs and a better prop (if i have to) is there a better prop? or should i leave it stock?
    ok i was just wondering bacause i see alot of people on here talk about acme props and others..i didnt know if like there was a different pitch on some and that made a better wake or do something else that would help the boat out to make wakeboarding better
    So to answer your questions, going with a lower pitch prop increases your holeshot (low end) but you lose some top speed (top end), everything else being equal. Sounds like you are not using any ballast yet? Once you start using ballast and you feel your boat struggling to get up on plane when trying to pull a boarder up, then that's when it's time to start shopping for a different prop.

At that point, call places like Nettles or Wakemakers and they can help you choose the correct prop for your specific application.

Hope that helps.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

ok sounds good..my outback is a direct drive..as of right now i dont have sacs in the boat but im planning on getting one or two just to see how she works with them. Also im guessing the 3 blade prop on my boat is stock. im also not to worried about top speed, from where we launch and wakeboard is not that far away..i know the outback is more for skiing, i didnt know tis at the time i bought it, soo im trying to make it the best wake/surf boat i can with the little money i have haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

ok sounds good..my outback is a direct drive..as of right now i dont have sacs in the boat but im planning on getting one or two just to see how she works with them. Also im guessing the 3 blade prop on my boat is stock. im also not to worried about top speed, from where we launch and wakeboard is not that far away..i know the outback is more for skiing, i didnt know tis at the time i bought it, soo im trying to make it the best wake/surf boat i can with the little money i have haha
    This is what i would do if i was you. Go buy the sacs you want for your Outback. Load it up with normal amount of people and fill the sacs. See how the prop you have now does. If the engine is struggling to get out of the hole and pull up a boarder then you know it's time to look at buying a ACME. After you determine you need a different prop take a look at what you have now and gather up some info: Boat weight full load, engine HP and the max WOT RPMs the prop you have now will turn. Call Acme and talk to Bill Weaks he will enlighten you about props... Then call Nettle props. I have two Inboard boats a 2011 LSV and a 1980 Mako 236 and both boats run Acme props. I switched both from the OJ's that were on there. I can honestly say there is no comparison. Cadillac of props. Smooth as butter. CNC machined props are light years ahead of cast props.
    11' Mobius LSV
    " Yes I am a pirate 200yrs too late"

I agree with most of above for V-drives. But I'll also say that on my 2000 Outback LS the best all around prop was the OJ 13 x 13 stock prop. It would push the boat 46-47 MPH at top end. It had great hole shot for skiing. And I could load 1400 lbs. of ballast in it and surf no problem. You might find a prop slightly better for a single application but that particular prop works for everything on an Outback.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I agree as well on the above comment as i run a stock 13x13 3 blade prop CNC OJ prop,factory ordered. We mostly ski,wakeboard and a little surfing and we have no problems shy of burning way more fuel during surfing ,but i'm sure thats pretty common.

Try what you have,and or talk to the prop experts ,before buying. Having a spare prop is a good thing to have though just the same. As i' was told right at purchase its not a matter of if,....just a matter of when. Hopefully when never comes but i have a spare just the same.
    07 Outback DD

ill see what happens..thanks guys
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

replaced a bent 13x13 OJ (stock) with a 13x12 Acme... both 3 blade. Acme rocks.. CNC is smoother, and I just got my motor aligned.. it feels awesome... like better than new right now. It definitely has more out of the hole than stock.. (I think my motor was always a little miss aligned).
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

Moto -
    I have an LS and absolutely LOVE the ACME 913. We often surf with the stock gravity III tanks full plus an extra 1100 to 1500 lbs of bags. The 913 is smooth and pulls really hard even with all that weight, where the stock LS prop would shudder and struggle at times. This prop only loses 2-3 mph on the top end but offered a lot more bottom end and seems to be easier on gas. Just FYI in case you ever load that thing up for surfing.
    2007 Mobius LS