Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    found it on the old cell phone mini-SD card in the desk drawer

Good times
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ouch, look at my knees in that pic. All rubbed raw like Dusty's Mom's at a frat party. From kneeling on the carpet reaching around the v-drive to get the bolts out of the collar. I hate nylock nuts. That was a PITA to change out but with some good help from the boys we got her done. The most frustrating part was I could not figure out why I still had a vibration with the new shaft. Turned out my "repaired" prop was not right. Switched to my original prop and it was smooth as butter. Now that was some RELIEF! And, don't worry. I put the boys in the lawn chairs to work moving the engine when we did the realignment. Then I drank some serious suds.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

So was this a 2 beer job, 3, 5, 10? (per person, not the group)
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

It was an early morning thing that took way longer than expected because the bolts required for the flange were not the same length with the aftermarket collar and shaft. I had to run to Lowes in town about 40 min. each way. And, because I was going to town I had to get beer, buns, mustard, beer, ketchup, beer, pancake mix, beer, tequila, napkins, beer, etc. but definitely did not have to get chips.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Got a call from the shop - boat could be done today using the shaft packing. Or for a little $ and .5 hour of shop time on my dime they will put in dripless for me. Easy since they already have it pulled apart. However it will be sometime next week before it's done. (not a huge concern since our upcoming forecast sucks)

Is it worth it to go dripless? I've only read up a little on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Got a call from the shop - boat could be done today using the shaft packing. Or for a little $ and .5 hour of shop time on my dime they will put in dripless for me. Easy since they already have it pulled apart. However it will be sometime next week before it's done. (not a huge concern since our upcoming forecast sucks)

Is it worth it to go dripless? I've only read up a little on it.
    Only if you like having a dry bilge instead of water slopin around. A dry bilge will let you know if you have any water or oil leaks. tough to tell with a wet bilge
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I say do it.

Do it.

If you are craving the water give me a call. I can be convinced easily to go out. Probaly gonna go everyday over 70 this week.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Done.

Except now the boat won't be home until sometime next week. Russ - you going out at all this weekend? I'm in the hot seat now with a few long faces wondering what we're going to do over the long weekend "that's FUN"...

Going out for sure. Watching the weather to decide when and how many times. I'll keep you posted.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there