"O"ut
    "A"nother
    "T"wo
    "T"housand

Correction Boatt has 2 Ts....LOL
    Ok Berg No pics...Sorry lame comp at work wont let me, security crap

Gap between stock Prop and rudder is 1 1/8
    Prop to trailer is 2 inches
    Sorry to take so long, busy with Family last night.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Thanks Mark - Can I make another request? How about the distance from the strut face (that holds the driveshaft) to the face of the prop. How much driveshaft is there showing between the front edge of the prop and that strut? I guess it should be no longer than the width of the shaft is, so ~ 1-1/8". I bet i have a solid 2.5" of shaft showing.

Just got off the phone with both Nettles and Acme and they are both telling me "no way" - thinking that when my driveshaft was replaced the dealer put one on that is too long and I just never noticed. Got some homework to do it looks like - urgh.

Todd at Acme also explained the vibration or growl that I could experience - said if there is less than 3/4" between the prop and rudder I may get it around 2k rpm. Wonder if that is the "growl" others have talked about with the 1433 or whatever it was.
    Did you keep your old shaft? The shafts are model and year specific. how much clearance did you have with your old prop?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Thanks Rick.

No - dealer did all the work. I plan to review the paperwork today and see if I can find the part number they used or any description from the repair. When I talked to the SC tech he gave me the length and part number but said it isn't stamped on the shaft anywhere so I need to measure. Seems to me that it's about 1.5-2" too long though.

Hopefully the dealer will play ball with me on this one. If not I'm wondering if I should replace it myself. Tempted do a test drive as is and see how it goes. Just don't want to make a several hundred dollar mistake.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

We got different boats bro but honestly i wouldnt mess with it in the water till your 100% confident.

I just looked at mine and i got 3 or 4 inches from prop to rudder.

I only have 1 to 1.5 inches from back of the prop to the shaft strut. I think you got the wrong shaft and i id be more worried about if your prop flexes under initial load it would hit the rudder.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

you could probably pull the shaft and take it to a machine shop for cheaper then buying a new one just a thought.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

That sucks, Berg. Hopefully, the dealer will own up to it and put in the right shaft and not charge you. It seems pretty obvious that they put in one that is too long.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

your last picture just looks wrong with the prop being so far back from the strutt.

mines as mmandle discribes, I know its a different year and model
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

This guy works with/sells shafts and rudders in Dayton, OR. He will know.

http://www.elberts.com/
    Last edited by Boonejeepin; 05-16-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

So now the confusion sets in. Just measured the shaft. SC said it should be 49". I've got 39" outside the boat and roughly 10" in the bilge to where it connects to the tranny. Seems right on paper, just not in practice. Why... is it possible I've got some mutant albatross here?

Also just measured my old OJ 13.7x17.5 and it is within about 1/8" of the same fit as the 1847. So I guess it's possible it wasn't a problem until I went and made it a problem. Just doesn't seem right, doesn't feel right.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...