Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Replying to Topic 'BALLAST FITTINGS POPPING OUT'

I had a similar problem with my 05 LSV bags, but a little different. The other day I was on the water and have always had to start the boat moving before turning on the pumps to prime them. After my sons first run, I notice the bilge spitting quite a bit of water. Looked in the engine compartmet and saw a good bit of water. Started looking and noticed that both rear bags were spitting out water in the rear compartments. the connectors were still attached to the fitting, but the screw-in fitting connector had come out of the bags. I just disconnected the quick-connect, screwed them back in, and the problem was corrected. I am not sure but think that while I was filling the bags, I had boat up to speed, causing too much pressure and blew them off. Does this sound right. Does anyone fill their bags while at cruising speeds or only at low speeds just to prime them. I don't want this to happen again.

Clark
    Clark

2017 Moomba Craz
    Raptor 400
    Pacific Blue / Graphite

1st - 1983 old brown boat - not sure the make
    2nd - 2001 Bayliner 185 4 cyl. Sold
    3rd - 2005 Moomba Möbius LSV. Sold

Default Replying to Topic 'BALLAST FITTINGS POPPING OUT'

I can't say why mine are popping off. I plan to take some time and experiment a little with the ballast filling and after having been filled. I'd kinda like to spend my time boarding...but somebody needs to get to the bottom of this. The bottom line is that they pop off a couple of times each day for whatever reason, usually right about the time the water turns to butter and I'm in the water. If there's some precaution I need to take regarding the filling of the ballast or the positioning of the bag I'd love to hear it from Moomba. I'll do whatever I have to do. I just don't want to go rigging something up which might void the warranty.