Hybrid View

Default New engine for the Outback

Working on putting a new crate 5.7 in the Outback. Desperate times call for desperate measures, in the form of two 2x8's and heavy stuff to counterbalance!

2012-05-12_13-12-13_252.jpg
    Brandon

2000 Moomba Outback LS
    2001 American Skier LazAir Edition
    1991 Ski Tastic Inboard

That's crazy, Brandon! You doing it yourself or do you have some other hands to help out?

It was sketchy at best! The downhill grade of my driveway didn't help much either. I did get a friend over to help in the final alignment. All I have left is the Holley rebuild, attaching accessories, installing 2nd battery, stereo, wake tower with speakers, pop-up cleats, and a final coat of wax...no big deal!
    Brandon

2000 Moomba Outback LS
    1991 Ski Tastic Inboard

Bwahaha! I liked that, "all I have left" start to the sentence. Sounds just like me. Does your wife (if you're married) give you that look like you're a the village idiot? I get, and deserve, that look a lot.

I lucked out, my wife is a big fan of the boat project. Even talked her into helping out with the decal removal, which can be a painfully slow process! As of now I think I'm the sole laborer for the rest of the project, however, I do have financial freedom for the project as well, "Whatever it takes to get it back in the water"!
    Brandon

2000 Moomba Outback LS
    1991 Ski Tastic Inboard

Looks good! I have lowered a couple engines from the trusses in my garage...anything you can do to get a project done!

Maybe I missed another thread but why did you need an engine replacement?