Thread: MB Quart Help

Lightbulb MB Quart Help

Hey all..I recent bought a 2010 LSV from another member - LSVBoombox. I love the boat however I have not been able to any music working beside the standard FM radio.

2010 MB Quart system with the following components:

WM1- BB
    WRC--P
    WRC-S2
    IPOD cable MBQ-IPOD-HAR-13 cable

I tried 3 different generation ipod Nano connected to the IPOD cable. All of them displayed ERROR. The oldest one (Gen 4 or 5) connected - The HU displayed connected then Track 1 then errored out again...I checked the cable connections and pins - they look fine. I haven't tried the 3.5 jack but I heard you will have a major volume reduction using the 3.5 jack over the USB or Ipod (but neither USB or IPod cable works). I also tried connecting the IPOD via a USB cable. That did not work.

I also tried a flash drive with MP3s on it.....No luck!

I talked to a 3rd party Radio manufacturer out of Illinois (MB Quart does not support this unit) There is no firmware update available since it's 4 years old. The tech support guy gave me some things to try. He said the HU was pretty "dumb". None of the options he suggested worked.

I have an new Nano and a Galaxy S3. I'd like to get at least of of them to connect...Any advice/options? Anyone connect a BT to MB Quart?

Thanks.
    2010 MOBIUS LSV

I contacted my local dealer yesterday for help. They said to replace the MB Quart system. It's full of problems (no kidding). I'm not ready to drop $1K for a new setup after buying the boat and new hoist. He also mentioned Skier's Choice replaced some units for current owners due to the problems with MB Quart. Anyone here get their units swapped out by SC?

I'm going to try an old IPod Classic 3G since that worked for the prior owner. He also indicated his Iphone 4s worked when it was running iOS 5 but stopped working when he upgraded to iOS 6.

Lastly - I sent an email to Skiers Choice looking for help. I'll keep this thread updated to help others. Feel free to post possible solutions. Anyone have a good contact (phone/email) at SC for issues like this? I'm just getting back into Moomba after I sold my Yellow Outback in 2005.

Thanks.
    2010 MOBIUS LSV

I found an old Nano (Gen 2) which I got connected without any error messages but could not play any music or control the songs. The display kept switching back and forth with IPOD then AUX (and repeating).

I was able to hook up many different devices through the 3.5mm jack.

Summary of this thread: SCRAP THE MB QUART SYSTEM Don't wast your time.
    2010 MOBIUS LSV