Default Mounting EQ in ’06 Outback

I recently purchased the exile zld. In my haste I didn’t really have a good mounting scheme in mind before I purchased the item. I just assumed like other mods I would have a few beers and figure it out. JMVOTTO sent me some picks of his WS420 mounted in his old OBV centered under the steering column. He also took the time to explain the procedure (Thank you). Well I thought it looked great but the boss (wife) wants it under the switches on the right hand side and I just can’t come up with a good plan. Basically the cut out in the fiberglass doesn’t really leave much room for a bracket to attach. Anyone out there experience this same problem?
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

I mean I know that the wives usually get what the want but that location doesn't make much sense to me. You'll have to rotate your head and/or shoulders and look down to use the volume and zone knobs. With it under the helm beneath the steering wheel you don't even need to look down as its rift there and you know the knobs go left to right: master volume, zone control, mid bass and bass, and the sub volume. Don't even need to look. Isn't the depth gauge down and to the right on a OBV? (it was on my friends old one and it was annoying to find the depth)

Just my $0.02. Perhaps if you explain it that way to the wifey she might see the light!!

Here's mine mounted under the helm in my 21V:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336340783.909667.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    I mean I know that the wives usually get what the want but that location doesn't make much sense to me. You'll have to rotate your head and/or shoulders and look down to use the volume and zone knobs. With it under the helm beneath the steering wheel you don't even need to look down as its rift there and you know the knobs go left to right: master volume, zone control, mid bass and bass, and the sub volume. Don't even need to look. Isn't the depth gauge down and to the right on a OBV? (it was on my friends old one and it was annoying to find the depth)

Just my $0.02. Perhaps if you explain it that way to the wifey she might see the light!!

Here's mine mounted under the helm in my 21V:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336340783.909667.jpg
    I looks like based on your photo that your "info center" is located to the right of your stearing wheel? In that same location I have a bank of switches. I would like to mount the zld just as I assume yours is but without my anti gravity took I may be out of luck. Thanks for the input.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Yes it is to the right. I fabbed a piece of wood to be able to mount it and screw into under the dash as well as to keep it level and sitting back somewhat.

Post a pic of your helm, maybe we can throw out ideas. What do you mean by anti gravity?
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I think it was brain rinse that cut out his switch cover panel for his eq? A lot of work but sweet install and best looking IMO.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet