Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    If you don't have the money now, Earmark sells it for $140 everyday so no worries (Moomba pun lol)
    I thought i checked the site the other day and it was 200... hmmmm
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I thought i checked the site the other day and it was 200... hmmmm
    I remember when the WS420 could be had for just over $200 on sale a couple years ago. Demand and/or competition dictates price I guess.

Just a followup to this..

In March when we hit the water for the first time this season I noticed hiss in the tower speakers that I did not remember last year. I have spent a few hours trying to isolate every component and identify how much natural buzz each component owned to identify what the main source was. All signs have pointed to the Krypt that is now a year old. I finally stuck my ZLD in, instantly the hiss is gone. I have no more white noise in the system now than what each component put out when everything was isolated to test each thing out.

So glad this is finally resolved. With the other thread about white noise and hiss with the Krypt I thought this may help. Anyone out there suffering with the noise, I would certainly look into a better quality EQ if the noise starts driving you nuts. I know tons are happy with the WS-420, the Kicker product Phil mentioned, and now I can vouch for the ZLD in the quiet department. I don't have any factual/in depth noise test like some of the audio pros could produce, all I have is the "seat of the pants dyno" so to speak to gauge it. With my Krypt installed, you could stand next to the boat while it was on the trailer and hear the hiss without trying. Now....silence.

FWIW, my towers were the only source of hiss,both the HLCD and the Surf Speakers. The in-boats were silent.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I have a brand new Krypt EQ sitting in the box still waiting to be installed. Looks like now I'm going to have to test before committing to a full installation. Hmmmmmm
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Dang... I was hoping that wasn't the solution to my problem...

Chris, I tried everything under the sun to show me that it wasn't the krypt. Unfortunately, it was. Fwiw, I had zero noise last year that I can recall. This year we noticed it on day 1.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold