Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Get my tantrums on lock.
    Continue to progress my toeside.
    HS 3. TS 180.
    Backroll

and the list goes on......
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I'm working on that trick where I get out of work early on Fri. and head for the water.
    And the other one where you call from the boat launch in a muffled, pitiful sounding voice about how crummy you feel and won't make it in.

Maybe going to spice it up this year with 'please don't call because I'll be sleeping' or 'missed your call because I was in the Dr's office'.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

toe side w2w
    switch...just riding switch in general
    maybe a hs 180 or i may just go straight to the 360 to avoid riding switch...

what exactly is a scarecrow? i was riding with someone recently who did it but all the inverts look basically the same to me...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Time to get a video and watch some slo mo.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Here is what I am working on (filmed yesterday) It is kind of long, but if you fast forward to the end you are in for a treat.

http://youtu.be/cnX5xO4bNao

HS w2w (consistency)
    Switch riding (just terrible as seen in the video)
    Simple w2w HS grabs
    Start trying TS w2w
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    what exactly is a scarecrow?
    A toeside frontroll with a frontside 180.

Some of the best advice I ever received about ts and hs wake to wake jumps was to hold on with two hands from take off to landing, when you take your back hand off you lose tension. I still do 2 or 3 two-handed wake to wake jumps from each side as a warm up.

We should either on this thread or a new one report back with the new tricks everyone is landing.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Definitely agree on the two hands. I also find a significant benefit in height and stability starting to bring the handle towards my hip right before I pop off the wake.

BTW: Landed nothing new this weekend. Water was poor from all the Cinco traffic.

Same here, went with the intent of working on TS front roll and had decent water for a only a very short time. Ended up folding my ankle over on the Switch Roll to revert and pretty much just held on to the rope after that. Typical.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    I also hope to break my mental block on the tantrum.
    It may help to really concentrate on making certain you are letting off your edge as you come up to the jump. Obviously you need to hit it flat and from what I see, most folks mess up by not letting off their edge for fear of not making it across.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I want to learn do a heel side 360. I ride regular, is it easier to spin to the left or right? I can w2w 180 both hs and ts but haven't really attempted 360's.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018