Default Breaking GoPro mount wakeboarding

So I was on the lake Wednesday and broke my GoPro mount. I don't have my video editing software installed so I cannot show down as it was flying in the air.

http://youtu.be/0R8AIzKoXX8
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

How did you get it back??? You should tether it to your boot. It's a very neat view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

I have the backdoor floaty on it. Also the people in the boat watched it fly and could see the orange in the water.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Plus one on orange floaty plus tether. Not sure floaty will float camera plus suction mounts.

The sticky mounts are useless.... Fwiw.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I use a scuba gear tether that I run thru the rear lift eye or grab handle just is case the camera falls or gets ripped off. It has saved my gopro a few times when folks try and throw the surf rope in the boat and miss.

Looks like you or the camera did serveal turns and flips LOL. Glad this time it was the camera getting hurt and not the riders LOL.

How did the working on the tricks go?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

That was awesome - it could have appeared to be a totally gnarly wipeout with a couple cart wheels across the water before coming to rest.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Plus one on orange floaty plus tether. Not sure floaty will float camera plus suction mounts.

The sticky mounts are useless.... Fwiw.
    The floaty will not float the camera + the suction mount. I added two key floats to my suction mount and between the three it floats the camera and suction mount.

For this I have the 3M sticky mount on my wakeboard. The mount broke right on top of the clip on the camera mount.

Yes this was backflip Tuesday. I did more damage then I wanted too. No trips to the ER. I don't have any good video's of me but I do of one of my friends and I will post it later on.

Also this is what happens when you dive the front of the board into the water.