Default Trailer caliper and rotor replacement

I havn't been on the forum in a very long time so there maybe a thread devoted to this susbject already. If so, I would appreciate very much if someone would direct me to it. However, if not, i would like to know if anyone has experience with taking the rotor off a Boatmate trailer and replacing it, along with a caliper and bleeding the caliper? I'm trying to get our boat ready for the summer and noticed one brake caliper and rotor is FUBAR! I'm not sure how to get the cap off the rotor to get the bearings off to slide off he rotor. Thanks in advance to anyone out there that has gone thru this!
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!

Check out pacifictrailers.com

Very easy to replace rotor. You dont need to bleed the brakes if you just need to replace the pads. I know there are some how to threads here.

Search posts on breaks from rdlangston. David had a few issues and posted up some stuff.

unfortunatley, the calpiper is FUBAR as well. I'll be replacing the rotor and caliper.

I replaced all 4 calipers and rotors on my 2008 tandem axle boat mate. I will post more detail here as soon as I get a free moment. Work is crazy

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Thanks RDLANGSTON. I got the rotor off. I may be able to save the caliper and just rebuild it. I will know more when I get the pistion out to see if there is any damage. The rotor is toast though. Just need some guidance on bleeding the caliper.

http://www.ufpnet.com/Portals/0/PDFs...aintenance.pdf

This manual tells you how to bleed the system

Basically you get a cup of brake fluid and attached a bleed hose to the bleeder and put the other end in the cup of fluid. Then you make sure the master cylinder is full and under the tongue there is a small hole that you can access the piston on the cylinder. Use a flat head screw driver to pry against the piston. Pump it a few times and then pump and hold and have someone else release the bleed screw on the caliper. Do this until clean fluid free of air bubbles comes from the bleeder. There is a tab on the bottom of the tongue that you will need to depress while pumping the cylinder too.

I replaced all 4 calipers and rotors in the last year at some point. First one was an emergency and I did not have time to wait for parts to ship so I have one kodiak caliper and 3 ufp calipers. After I finished my left front wheel seal continued to leak so I took it apart to check and then it still leaked so I replaced it and then my bearing buddy fell off while I was towing to my dealer. Guess taking it on and off many times ruined the tight fit

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Dont forget to bleed the master cylinder first if you replace the fluids and then start at the caliper that is the furthest from the mastercylinder
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 05-02-2012 at 07:30 AM.

This is GOOD stuff!!! Thanks guys for the inside info! I race cross country with TORN so I won't be able to do anything this weekend on the boat, but I have kids and son-in-laws that won't let this sit too long! LOL. We will be out on the lake very soon!