Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any Northerners on the water yet?

So.........here I am just south of Edmonton and I wanted to haul the boat out and going waterskiing tomorrow for the first time this year. Well had two slaps....one from mother nature as weather SUCKS and one from my wife who said there is NO WAY she was going to put on a winter jacket and mitts just to haul my sorry a** around a lake for 1/2 hour while she probably catches a cold from wind chill.

Well I was shocked! Not at mother nature but at my wife..........WTH this coming from the same girl who willingly gets up in the summer to yard my a** around a lake at 6 in the morning. SO I had to confront her with that exact reality. And she told me she would if she could afford to be sick and still get to work. But when you work with seniors and other who can't be exposed to your sickness's no matter how small they seem to us I had to accept! At least she's still willing to get up early in the morning for me! :d

Just wondering if anyone else up north is on the water yet? I know my dad called me to tell me he has seen skier's in teh Okanagan already!!!!
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

The weather here was nice enough over the last few weeks to get out. Hit 85 a couple days. Problem is it hits mid week, been slammed at work and can't take time off, and even if I could I'd be hard pressed to find somebody to go this early given water temps. Wife wouldn't for sure as we have 3 kiddo's with 2 in school.
    I need a neighbor to move in next door who has the same obsession

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I'd love to go as well ,but my usuall lake is an irrigation lake(controlled so likely is not full yet). I've definetely got the itch to get out. In the mean time my boat is getting final stereo and battery upgrades done as i wait.Then Dewinterize ,clean shine and ready to go. Must be really killin you ,to get out and try the new Ski?

As for wife driving in coat etc,my wife has become very fairweather as well,luckily i have a couple friends with the itch as well,but reminds me of the evening we took purchase and watertested out boat. It was nearly a full on blizzard,but we went anyways... Dealer was swamped and said if we waited it might be 2 weeks to get a reschedule so out we went and the rest is MOOMBA history.
    07 Outback DD

This Saturday, our6 inch snow fall gave us enough water in the canal to safely get the boat to the hoist. Then I can do the break in on those 80 plus days . Yippee. Can't wait to hear new system.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

No not even close up here, sadly I haven't even dragged the boat out of storage yet. Hopefully soon though!
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

My dock has been in the water since March 20 in Western Wisconsin. But the boat is still dry-docked. We are anticipating 29 and snow on Saturday so glad to not have de-winterized yet.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I was hoping for this weekend, but I still got some work to do on the boat. Putting the drivers seat back in being one of them. And I got to get started replacing a section of fence. Maybe I'll make the May pictures thread.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

The temperatures got into the low 90s earlier in the week but I spent the last three days plucking people out of the water with hypothermia with Dive Rescue. We recovered a stolen SUV this morning and the air was 66 degrees at 2AM so summer is in the air. I don't get my boat out until mid June or July.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I don't get my boat out until mid June or July.
    why even have a boat then?? my season got delayed to march due to being out of the country...
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Well this is what I woke up to......
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335536151.662822.jpg
    Probably not gonna get the boat out of the garage this weekend either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s