Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mojo price

Hybrid View

Default Mojo price

I know I'm treading on thin ice,BUT! I have a question for those who have purchased a new mojo.How much did you pay and what options? The reason I ask is because I was going to trade in my 07 mobius LSV and upgrade to the Mojo. Don't get me wrong I love my Moomba,but I can get a loaded MB 23' with the 6.0 engine or a left over 2011 Malibu LSV from my local dealers for the same price quoted on the Mojo. The MB and Malibu have what seems like a more refined interior and even some more options than the Moomba. What am I missing? Thanks for your help!

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. When I saw MB at the Dallas show and Malibu at the Atlanta show, neither of their prices included a trailer. The Mojo comes with a dual axle Boatmate as standard equipment.

In relation to the MB, freight may be playing a factor. My bet is that it costs more to ship a Moomba out from TN than up the CA coast. With the LSV, I caution you to think hard about how long you will have the boat. It may seem like a great deal vs the 2012's today, but no matter how nice you keep the boat, when you go to sell it the NADA is for a 2011 vs a 2012. That can easily cost you more than you save upfront.

I don't think it's fair to the dealers to tell you what I paid. I took advantage of the boat show deals, it's my 2nd boat purchased from them, I've referred a few folks, etc. I can tell you that I chose most of the available options including the 345 hp motor and my OTD price was still thousands less than a MB B52 with a trailer.

Oh, and it may not matter to you, but MB boats are not NMMA certified due to the fact they have no flotation foam b/c that's the void they use to flood the boat. It saves cost not having the foam or certification.

All I will say is I got a great deal and I could not have come close to affording a 2012 LSV23 wakesetter or a 23'MB(2012) Price was way off. Fit and finish in the Mojo, in my opinion, is the best yet in the moomba line. It is not that far off from the MB's or the Malibu. Not there but it's not worth the difference in price for me atleast. Plus I don't have an MB dealer close enough but even if I did would have still done the some thing. Remember the mojo is pretty much 23'. Just 6 inches off.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

I'm not going to share what I paid for my mojo but I too was quoted a 2011 wake setter with about 100 hours on it. I paid much less for my new mojo. The wake setter is more refined, more options, but the mojo fit our family much better. I do not like the wedge on the wakesetter. Our options include gravity III ballast, oz tower, zero off gps speed control, 330
    horse indmar, underwater lights, depth meter. We really liked the supra and would have bought one had SC offered snap
    in/out carpet in the supra. That was the one must for the practical one in our family. We have just over 20 hours on our
    mojo and have had a blast. We are still learning but so far, no complaints. We were also much more comfortable with the moomba dealer than the others we visited.
    Greg C.
    2012 MOJO

I would definitely heed Wolf's advice on the MB. Everytime I looked at one they would have a price on the back that didn't include a trailer. I just thought it was kinda shady and turned me off from them. I would definitely drive them all first before you make a decision. You won't get a feel for how good the Mojo is until you drive it. It's a great boat.

If its bells and whistles you want, the Malibu certainly has them. But if you want a great boat and save a lot of cash, the
    Mojo is the way to go.
    Greg C.
    2012 MOJO

Quote Originally Posted by Greg C. View Post
    I'm not going to share what I paid for my mojo but I too was quoted a 2011 wake setter with about 100 hours on it. I paid much less for my new mojo. The wake setter is more refined, more options, but the mojo fit our family much better. I do not like the wedge on the wakesetter. Our options include gravity III ballast, oz tower, zero off gps speed control, 330
    horse indmar, underwater lights, depth meter. We really liked the supra and would have bought one had SC offered snap
    in/out carpet in the supra. That was the one must for the practical one in our family. We have just over 20 hours on our
    mojo and have had a blast. We are still learning but so far, no complaints. We were also much more comfortable with the moomba dealer than the others we visited.

Underwater lights was an option. My 2012 xlv it was not an option. Hmmnn , what lights did you get with the factory option?

I went with two visions blue floods..ala newty dealer installed.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Not sure what the factory option was, I tried to add them but it was too late. They were installed at the dealer. We went withe white.
    Greg C.
    2012 MOJO

When looking into a boat purchase, I think about the cost to purchase, then to maintain (which should be equal amoung inboards), and then resell. I like my Outback just fine, but the first time I looked at Moomba (in the late 90's), I thought they were junk. If you cruise the different forums, you will find many people who have that same opinion ( and not just MC/CC folks). For me, the Outback was $18-25K less up front. Any loss of resell in the rear can't be that much. If the up front cost was the same, I would be in a different boat now.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier