Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mojo price

Ive spent some time talking to some insider people on the Malibu, i wouldnt buy one myself. Up till the last year i was pretty sold on Malibu even though i tend to not like most of the people who own them. Same as MC but thats kinda here nor there.

I hear the craftsmanship and quility standard is really dropping in the Malibu line. Basically they spent all these years building the brand and now that they have a great rep, and such they are doing all these cut backs to make even more profit and who really pays that price. The consumer.

Im not saying Malibu stinks, im just saying the people i spoke to who worked on the sinde said, dont waste your money.

I have always like MB and wasnt aware they didnt have the same certifications as other major boat brands. I also wasnt aware they dont have foam fill in the hull.

This is one reason i dont worry about running the ballast i run, i think in the MB id be much more aware to not over weight the boat.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    I would agree if they we apples to apples on cost, but I don't believe they are. Last year looked at a nautique 230 and for that 2011 OTD was 86k list was 102k if I remember. My new loaded to the hilt 2012 xlv 23 ft Moomba was 20k plus less and a year newer. So I think the story is the same as when you bought your 08 outback.

The new mojo is high 50's low 60's the new g3 is 107k...
    Specifically, my previous 2 boats were MasterCraft and the one before that was a Malibu. I sold my MC prior to a year tour in Iraq. While there, I did plenty of research. On leave in the states, I went to the MC, CC, Bu, Centurion, and Moomba dealers. I had cash, a budget, a very specific set of features that I wanted, and a desire to wrap up a boat order/purchase. I really wanted a 197 (and still do). With an "apples to apples" feature, the 197 stickered in the $54 range, with an OTD range of $48K. Never got serious for a CC 206 due to the MSRP range in teh $60K. I didn't really warm up to the Centurion, but it was in the same price range as the Moomba. I told the MC dealer I would spend $40K on a 197, he showed me a used 2004 with 600 hours.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

As an update I have been contacted by representatives from oth skiers choice and the local moomba dealer. That says
    Something to me that they are willing to take time to help. I have some free time tomorrow so I will see if I can work out the details.
    Thanks
    Vic

Good deal VK, hope it all works out for ya kid

Sent from my iPhone's cooler than your droid utilizing Tapatalk
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

keep us posted.............

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Hope it all works out for you. Join the sc club you won't regret it....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    My friend pickup a 2012 MB 23 Widebody with 20hrs loaded with Wetsounds tower speakers (MB come with standard Wetsounds cabin speakers), speaker LEDs, transome LEDs, and standard engine with trailer for $51k as dealer demo. Texas Mastercraft has all 2012 MB 23 Widebody boats WITH trailer for $64k (only 1 left but they did have 4 at this price as I was looking and test drove). The 2012 MB 23 Widebody can be found all day for $64-$65k with trailers, a few leftover 2011's can be found in the high $50's. Plus as standard the trailers are tandem axle with 18" wheels and 18" spare. I rode in my friend's 2012 MB 23 twice now and it feels like your in a Malibu 247 with cabin space BUT MB sacrifices sun pad space...a lot of it. Stock wakeboard wake is huge, stock ballast goofy surf wake is huge and clean, stock regular surf wake is kind of hard to dial so far for my friend and appears to need some serious weight.

I saw a Mojo in person finally and it looks great and better in person vs. online/pics. I like that the Mojo looks substantial compared to the LSV (just looks beefier and solid). I'd really love to demo one in the future and look forward to Wolfman posting up pics/vids of his surf wakes once he gets his broke in and dialed in. I have not sat inside nor riden in a Mojo so I cannot give my experiences other than I like what Moomba/SC has done with this new model in it's first year. I'm sure in the next year or so more tweaks may come of this model and it will be in the Moomba line-up for years to come.

Malibu dealer near me has a new leftover 2011 VLX for $71k but my friend that works the parts and service counter that's even negociable.

Here's my friend's wife on their 2012 23 B52. Stock ballast driver and me as passenger and semi-choppy water.

That's a really nIce wave

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    Glad to see Rick is stepping in- hopefully you can get the boat you want at a fair price. The SC protected territory system can make it tough on the customer to stick the a SC product if negotiations don't go well with your local dealer.
    Luckily i havent had a problem yet but if i am left to deal with my local dealer it will be the end of my relations with SC.

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    Luckily i havent had a problem yet but if i am left to deal with my local dealer it will be the end of my relations with SC.
    You and me are in "the same boat"

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

My local dealer is great... Just got my new xlv today
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold