Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool IBS and reversible pump installation complete!

It has been a long winter of waiting to install my 3 reversible pump system and IBS. Mission Accomplished! You may wonder why I installed 3 pumped instead of 4 ( as I have 4 ballast bags) After speaking with Jason/Spencer from wakemakers we came up to the conclusion that because I run 750s in the rear and my ski locker sac is 400 and my IBS will fill to about 500-550 in my 05lsv that we could plumb those two bags together.
    I put two new thru the hull mushroom style fitting in, all one inch hose and rewired it into my Gravity three switches. Checked it out last night and every works great ( not on the water still to cold up here).
    I still have to put the floor back in but that is the last part of the project.
    I used https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ghlight=jester
    and https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....eversible+pump

both of these were so helpful, thanks again MOOMBA Forum!
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Congrats! Sounds like it's going to be a great summer for you if it ever gets there.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Nice work. I plan to also run my IBS off of one of the existing pumps/bags vs installing a dedicated pump.

You can see my confusion - IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - and Pump Installation? Thought this was a new treatment.. But a 'reversible pump' - that was a little scary.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Come on, show us some pictures!!!
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I will take a few pic before I put the floor back in.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Pump sharing is the way to go. I chose to use a directional y valve so i could control the ski locker sac and ibs seperately. I also ordered another directional y valve to use both rear locker pumps to fill the 1100 surf sac. Going this route is a no brainer. Lets see some pics

I'd like to know if someone who has a phone with video capability can take video of their installation of the IBS and any changes they needed to make to pumps and such if they be willing. Host it on YouTube. I am a visual learner. I'd really like to see this whole new setup from pump to wires to ballast lines and sac. Am I asking too much?

I'd love to hide an IBS under my bow seats.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Just had the boat out last night for the first time this year and got to test out the new ballast system with reversible pumps. They are awesome fast, but a little bit noisy. They do draw a ton of power as well but so far I am super impressed with the system, I will check the fill times this weekend and post as my mid and bow ballast are all tied together.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

I just got the ibs with a tsunami pump ( and 2x1100 in the rear). If I want to use the pump of the center bag to fill the ibs do I have to drill a hole in the hull for the vent line or I can use the air plug on the ibs? I don t want to drill in the hull
    Mobius LSV 2011
    GIII, V2 Tower, Indmar 325,