Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I don't know. I'm suspecting a fouled plug or issue with the ignition system (spark) it runs smooth, but feels weak. Like I pull a 150lb guy up (slalom) and it takes 80% throttle. and now I'm only running 38mph on top end? And 3700 on the tach for 30mph is just way strange. Don't know what to make of all this.
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

trided it again.. 5020 on the rpms at WOT, gps checked 38.7-9 never hit 39mph. I just don't understand it. I think it used to go faster, but I'm not for positive. Maybe I need new spark plugs or something. 2 people in the boat, some boards and skis and 1/4 tak of gas. Strange.

def change the plugs, my outback would lose about 2-300 rpm with a fouled plug. that does seem slow. I would think you should get 43 at least, what motor do you have?
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 04-29-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Yeah, its been feeling kinda weak. Might also explain the seemingly increased gas consumption. I have the 325. EFI Indmar. Got 85 hours on her.
    Last edited by usaski1; 04-29-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Also boat died 2x today at idle. Idle is correct at about 650 rpm's.

Rpm and prop will determine the speed. So...regardless if you are running on one or eight cylinders rpm is rpm...and that rpm will determine the speed. Now, if you have an acceleration problem I would be concerned about the engine or if rpm was low I would be concerned.

In my opinion, I think you are confusing the issues. Lack of acceleration and high fuel consumption are one problem. The top speed is not a problem but a result of the rpm and prop.

Stop focussing on the top speed and concentrate on the lack of acceleration and high fuel consumption. Start with the ignition system...

Good idea, can someone provide me the part number for ac delco spark plug for the 325 efi indmar? I looked it up last night and didn't write it down. Also, basic mechanics, whats the best way to check for spark? Yes, I can pull the wireds 1 bo 1 and then hold near engine case and check for sparks, but any other way? that'd take 20 min and 8 starts on a v8.

Good ol Moomba Boards, the info was already online for the spark plugs. I need to add to my tagline to "search before you post" I'll report back in a day or two weather it worked.

Dang, no improvement.

Changed all 8 plugs, one looked oily. 5050 on the tach = 38mph. At all speeds, tach read 500-700 higher than It should. at 30mph, I was doing 3700 on the tach. What is up with that? 13x13 stock OJ prop. plug change wasent a waste though, it was time per maintenance anyway, and hopefully it will solve my stalling issues.

All seems very strange to me. MY 07 outback runs a solid 44 mph, I rum a 13x13 4 blade stainless, not very smooth but my approadch to my lift is very shallow and I churn up a lot of sand so its a no brainer...go stainless.

I have around 240hrs on my boat and have never changed a plug, in fact other than oil changes once a year and fresh water impeller I've never done a thing. Correction, I was eating coolant hoses a few years back, but an inline filter corrected that problem.

Oily plug, lack of power, stalling out. go through a few more things
    1. fuel filter
    2. compression test
    3. coolant flow (is there something in the system causing it to run a bit warm
    4. check rpm's on a hand held tester
    5. use hand held GPS's to verify speeds
    6. Strut and strut bushing
    7. engine alignment

Something is stealing power, find it and fix it
    07 Outback, PP, Heaters, Custom 1/2 wrap, SeaDeK platform cover, Upgraded Stereo, Bimini, Apperance package

"Hi, How you Doin?"