Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well that little black box on the amp board is the stock amplifier, it sounds fine at low volumes but when I try to play at a decent volume it quickly distorts, so I'm going to go ahead and replace it right away. I am thinking about using the distribution block below for power and ground. For the power side, let's say the amp I get for the cabin speakers requires a 50A fuse bringing the combined total fusing up to 185, what size circuit breaker should I use? 150A?
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...00-CPS2-2.html

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by bzubke1; 04-24-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    Well that little black box on the amp board is the stock amplifier, it sounds fine at low volumes but when I try to play at a decent volume it quickly distorts, so I'm going to go ahead and replace it right away. I am thinking about using the distribution block below for power and ground. For the power side, let's say the amp I get for the cabin speakers requires a 50A fuse bringing the combined total fusing up to 185, what size circuit breaker should I use? 150A?
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...00-CPS2-2.html

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.
    That Monster block is perfect. A 150A breaker is still below the load that the 1/0 ga cabling can carry, so thats what you want. These three amps playing at .75 volume would probably not pull more then 100A or so, so you've plenty of breaker to carry thier load, but not exceed the capacity of the 1/0 cable. Your short 4ga runs will also carry the load, IF a short where to ever occur.

Thanks, MLA! One more question, how important is it to have a marine circuit breaker? Those suckers are expensive compared to the automotive ones!
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I prefer to use a marine rated C/B for a couple if reason, especially when the batteries are located at the stern of the boat in the engine bay/bilge area. 1) they are sealed and made with material suited for the humid environment, 2) they are ignition protected. 3) I like the manual-reset so it can be used as a master off switch for long storage.

In your case, you would be fine to use a quality amp fuse holder. Your batteries are located on the forward locker, not in the engine bay/bilge area.

So I could just use a fuse holder with a 150A fuse in place of the circuit breaker?
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    So I could just use a fuse holder with a 150A fuse in place of the circuit breaker?
    That is correct. Both serve the same basic function of protecting the circuit.

Or just buy a distro block with the fuses in it. Cleaner look

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Speaking of distribution blocks. I need to purchase one but I have no idea what I need. I did some eBay and amazon searches and theres all different kinds. I don't want to buy the wrong one.

What info do you guys need from me to help me out? I looked at those in the search from eBay votto posted, just not sure of the differences in the brand/model.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I ended up going with a non fused distribution block and a fuse holder. It was just cheaper.

Cigars, I think we just need to know how many, and what amplifiers you will be installing.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Ah, I have two.

Kicker zx200.4
    Rockford Fosgate p500-2
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale