Default Sheilded Wire for Remotes

I have two of the AEWARE remotes which work great with my head unit. The problem I have is at high volumes the current from the speaker wires interferes with the remotes causing them not to function. I was wondering if running a shielded wire for the remotes would eliminate this problem. Anyone have any knowledge / experience? Anything helps.

Bump - Anyone else have this issue?

Thats a strange one. I don't have AEWare remotes, but I have 2 Kenwood remotes and have never experienced this issue. Are you sure its not something else causing the problem? To test I would run a separate signal wire from the remote to the headunit and crank it up, if it still happens ditch the AEWare and get Kenwood.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Thats a strange one. I don't have AEWare remotes, but I have 2 Kenwood remotes and have never experienced this issue. Are you sure its not something else causing the problem? To test I would run a separate signal wire from the remote to the headunit and crank it up, if it still happens ditch the AEWare and get Kenwood.
    I agree. I had those Aeware remotes in my last boat and had the same problem. In my new boat I have Kenwood remotes no problems here. However they are the digital remotes and not the regular ones. But I really think those Aeware remotes are just bad. I think the standard Kenwood remotes would be better. You can usually find them for $50 or less...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    I had those Aeware remotes in my last boat and had the same problem.
    Same problem where the remote stops working at high volumes?

I would just buy 2x 107MRs but I would also have to switch headunits as I have the Kenwood KDC-X493 (car unit from previous owner). It works great with the iPod where I can change tracks from the AEWARE and it has 4V pre-outs. I just need to fix this one issue at high volume. Seems like a cheap fix if shielded wire could be the solution.

It wasn't necessarily at high volumes they would just randomly stop working. It was REALLY annoying. The 107 remotes are GREAT! I got them and the radio off eBay for pretty good deals.

I would definitely try your shielded wire idea and see if it would work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by E4NASH; 05-03-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Replace the AEWare with KACRC60MR - it should be a direct replacement. I am using 2 of those, and a 107MR, and all work perfectly.
    2013 Outback V

I had two Aewares for two seasons and never experienced any issues what so ever with them. When I installed the transom unit I used simple 4 strand unshielded 22ga security wire. Sold them to another member on here and they're still functioning just fine as far as I know.
    2007 Mobius LSV