Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Another quick question: Can I use a 90 degree ball valve on top of the thru hull and leave the jabsco pump right there? ie don't physically mount it with screws, but let the plumbing on the intake side hold it up.

Thanks for all the help, trying to get a game plan!
    The pumps are heavy and i would mount them a little higher. I swa
    P the bow and took a lot of water on. Had the pump been that low it would have been history.

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Another quick question: Can I use a 90 degree ball valve on top of the thru hull and leave the jabsco pump right there? ie don't physically mount it with screws, but let the plumbing on the intake side hold it up.

Thanks for all the help, trying to get a game plan!
    If clearance in the bilge is an issue, you can came right off the thru-hull with a 90* elbow, then the ball-valve. From there, use a thread x hose-barb then hose to the pump. The pump needs to be hard mounted to the boat and needs to be above the bilge/water level. Does that answer your questions.

In all my ballast installs, I use ALL bronze from the thru-hull to the ball-valve. From that pint, PVC, hose, etc.

Yea I understand the logistics of plumbing it, just wasn't sure if the pump was to heavy mount to the manifold only. It seems like I found a thread on here where someone did that with reversible pumps but I'm not positive, they could have been aerators which are obviously lighter. I also saw where someone mounted pumps to the engine compartment side of the back seat which would be easy to do, but t'ing off the outlet and running a hose to the opposite side would force a tight bend. Mounting it to the manifold would make for the cleanest install if it can handle the weight. I can bring it up high enough that I wouldn't be concerned with the pump getting wet, plus I've never had a problem with getting much water in the boat even when rollers come over the bow. Sorry for all the questions
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

QUOTE=z28ke;175070]Yea I understand the logistics of plumbing it, just wasn't sure if the pump was to heavy mount to the manifold only. It seems like I found a thread on here where someone did that with reversible pumps but I'm not positive, they could have been aerators which are obviously lighter. I also saw where someone mounted pumps to the engine compartment side of the back seat which would be easy to do, but t'ing off the outlet and running a hose to the opposite side would force a tight bend. Mounting it to the manifold would make for the cleanest install if it can handle the weight. I can bring it up high enough that I wouldn't be concerned with the pump getting wet, plus I've never had a problem with getting much water in the boat even when rollers come over the bow. Sorry for all the questions[/QUOTE]

A Jabsco Ballast Puppy weights in at about 6 lbs, so hard-mounting them is a must. You would not want thier weight resting on other components. They also exert a fair amount of torque, especially when they first start to rotate.

When a tight hose bent is inevitable, I use a hose barb x hose barb elbow. Other wise, just lengthen the hose run and make a larger radius turn.

Instead of a "Y" diverter, I use a "T" diverter for what you are looking to do. I use one similar to whats pictured in the link. Inlet is on the bottom and the outlets are left and right.

http://www.flow-rite.com/files/Image/marine/v1-ql.jpg

I would mount the pump below the diverter. Then come out of the pump, into the bottom of the diverter. Now you got a straight exit out of the diverter going port and starboard to the lockers.

That's what I needed to know! Thanks again
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018