Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Terrible story from today. I'll be following this story closely as I also have a water trampoline. Kiddo was wearing life vest but something tragic occurred

http://www.kcentv.com/story/18159287...-family-outing

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/C...150359835.html - A 4 year-old dies at the hospital after being pulled from Lake Waco.
    Last edited by jpetty3023; 05-06-2012 at 10:22 PM.
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Dang. Hate these stories, but I think it's better we hear them third hand than experience them. My three year old was complaining this past weekend about wanting to take her life vest off so she could nap. She was so pitiful I almost gave in, but it was remembering stories like these that makes me stick to my guns.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Captain Kraig, you got your ears on? Some kid on Allatoona being pulled on a tube never resurfaced. They are using sonar to try and find the body now. This would be the second death on Allatoona in 5 days I believe.

Sounds like he possibly may have taken a hard fall and been knocked out??
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Was the kiddo wearing a vest WBD or is it to soon for those details?

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Haven't heard yet. Just saw it on the news with a live report that they were looking for him. Very strange to say the least. It's not easy to just disappear like that. My bet is that he was not wearing a vest.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden

Nope; no vest and said he was on a raft.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/18...ating-incident

So easily avoided to by something simple as wearing a vest. I think if the parents were charged criminally then maybe this type of thing wouldn't happen so often? Thoughts..

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

They said they were between 26 and 30 yrs old, so I dont think holding their parents accountable would be appropriate.

Dang, Petty! Did you even read the story?!?! Or, you been drinking?

Baseball fields all day watching my lil guy making some money so no booze but yes read the story. Don't mean criminal charges in this specific incident but the ones like we had locally a month ago where the victim was 12 and no life vest. On a happier note here's a pic of my dude doing what he does best
    Game 1 starting catcher

Game 2 and he starts 3rd base

Then takes the mound to close the game

Sorry for the baseball pics and bit of the thread hijack but needed some good vibes after hearing/reading stories like this
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

That boy looks good, Petty! Might be good enough to get a scholarship to The OSU. Free tats included.