Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 05 mobius not running

I had 11 people ready to board, we were on our way to go pick up another 3. I give it some gas to get up on plain, and the engine makes a weird sound and dies. I check my temp, and the depth finder, everything looked good. Tried to start it again and it cranked for a while, then started and made a bunch of popping sounds, then a ton of smoke rolled out. got a tow in, took it to the dealer, we hooked the fake lake up, and tried to start it again, and the starter would not even turn. Sounded like the engine was locked up. They said its sounds major. Why me. I bought a 2005 so that i would not be broke down all year. She ran good for 32 hours anyways. The 3 months a year its nice up here in ND, and i will be waiting for a new engine for a good month, i'm going to guess. Cross your fingers, maybe its not something major, but it don't sound good. Now i'm just waiting for the dealer to get it in to start tearing it apart. Anyone have any idea's what i can expect while i wait?????

Default Replying to Topic '05 mobius not running'

Well, I could offer a pull here in Ohio.

Being from ND I know you are not even exaggerating on the liquid water season. Brian has been quiet lately but I feel your pain. I really do not understand why these car engines are so fussy when they are put on a boat. I hope it is something easy and you’re back on the water soon. My boat has been running like a champ - knock on wood.

I hear the pheasants are looking good up there this year. It is not too late to start training a bird dog pup for the fall! (I’m sooo helpful)

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

OUCH!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that Jay.

I would like to hit the H2O at 9:00 am Saturday morning to get the early glass.

I plan on being on the H2O all day. Round up a few hotties for the day!

The wife said she spent two hours cleaning the inside of the boat yesterday so it is ready to go.

See you Saturday
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

9 AM??????? Is the sun even up then? I guess i will find out, count me in. I talked to the shop today and they pulled some strings and are going to start ripping it apart Thursday morning. They have been great to deal with. He said they called indmar to find out were to start, and they told him to start with the tranny. Said it might not be all that bad. They said something about a plate in the tranny. I'm hanging in there though, we went boarding today behind an I/O crownline with a 4 inch wake.

That blows!!!! So far so good on the 02. Man, why do ya'll wait so long for glass, we are up at sunrise for the morning glass to barefoot, then board, and now surf. Nothing like a beer breakfast at 0800 for that little pick me up!!!!!!

Medic
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

If that were to happen to me i would expect a loaner boat from Skiers Choice. What do you think the chances of that happening are?

Today they ripped out the tranny and it was fine. Engine was still locked up. I did not want a new engine. And i just had the 20 hour oil change and check last week. I asked the service manager if skiers choice is going to give me a free oil change and check when the new engine needs it, and they laughed. My first moomba and i have to get the lemmon. As for a loaner boat. I think i would get laughed at again. They have an exact XLV same color and all sitting on their lot. I'm so tempted to just hook up to that one, and pull it home. How about it skiers choice????? Do you ever give out loaner's. I'm really going to be happy on the 4th when i have a 45k boat in the shop and i'm sitting at home.

Well I got her back today. When they pulled the engine they found some dents in the oil pan, i guess the rods wanted out. Just wanted to say thanks to bruce and the guys for getting me ride behing their boats. And a thanks to Moritz sport and marine for doing a major job like that, in a couple of weeks during the busiest time of the year. Hopefully this new engine lasts longer then 32 hours.

Ok, I for one would like more details on "the rods wanted out."

I assume they got their wish and you have new ones but what caused your problem?

Was there an engine break in issue?

I have never heard of rods hitting an oil pan. Were they hitting the pan from day one or did something break?

Oh well, I hope you're gone boating

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

They never tore the engine apart, imdmar sent them a brand new one. They didnt know what went wrong inside. Just said the oil pan had a bunch of dents in it. They told me they now have to send the old engine back to Indmar and they will find out what went wrong and send a report back. I was out last night till i could not see anymore, and was back out again at 7am. I got 9 hours of break in. Then it got windy, so hopefully this evening it gets nice again so i can board behind it.