Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

You def made the right decision in mounting underneath!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Good call

Sent from my iPhone's cooler than your droid utilizing Tapatalk
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

3 down 1 to go

past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

Looking good Ron, gonna sound even better
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by rsinger View Post
    I've already had a snag with the vinyl. There are 3 curved pieces at the front of the boat and as they are installed I found that they tended bend inwards causing the vinyl to ripple. What I'll have to do is re-stretch these pieces. I'll probably wrap something around them, tighten to the same ripple effect and then re stretch.
    Hope I'm not too late but I've been away. When I replaced all the vinyl in my Outback a few years ago I had a guy make the covers but I did all the installation. The back of the back seat was the hardest part. I thought he cut it wrong or something. He told me to use the hair dryer and stretch a little. It worked great! I was amazed at how a little heat helped the vinyl take the shape of the curved backrest and the inside corners. So, I thought' I'd mention that you might want to take a hair dryer to the vinyl and just heat it up a bit as you stretch it. Don't have to go crazy but it will start to take the shape you need. Good luck. Again, hope I'm not too late.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Looking good. I definitely agree with cans underneath. Gonna have a whole new boat this year!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Hope I'm not too late but I've been away. When I replaced all the vinyl in my Outback a few years ago I had a guy make the covers but I did all the installation. The back of the back seat was the hardest part. I thought he cut it wrong or something. He told me to use the hair dryer and stretch a little. It worked great! I was amazed at how a little heat helped the vinyl take the shape of the curved backrest and the inside corners. So, I thought' I'd mention that you might want to take a hair dryer to the vinyl and just heat it up a bit as you stretch it. Don't have to go crazy but it will start to take the shape you need. Good luck. Again, hope I'm not too late.
    Appreciate the input, but I'm bringing the boat to the vinyl guy and he can fix what he screwed up. He knew there might be a problem with the curved pieces. He could have cut the material and not attached them perminantly to the plastic, and I could have brought the boat to him in the spring.

Actually the back of the back seat turned out fine.

Ron

I'm in the process of doing mine and what I found is that the backrest actually flatten out without the covers on them and as soon as you put it back in they compress again causing the wrinkles. I used a rope across seat backs to get the proper curvature before I stapled the cover on.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Bummer. One tower speaker left to go and it's too cold to work on the boat again. On a good note, while driving to check some stuff in my trailer I noticed that the public docks on the river are in. They never got put in last year due to high water levels until September.

Ron

Hey Ron why the mix of Krypt and Exile?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"