Default Battery Drain 2011 LSV

I have a 2011 LSV. The battery drains in a matter of days. I didn't use it much last year due to flooding so I didn't do much digging into the issue.

I have had it into the dealer a few times and they keep saying nothing is wrong. I do not agree, with everything in the boat off and a multi-meter in series with the negative batt cable my meter shows a amp draw of .4 amps, which is 400 milli-amps. I have narrowed it down to something with the ballast system. Some combination of the ECM fuse and poping the main fuse for the ballast drops the amp draw to 40 milli-amps which I would say is normal.

Basically I am asking if anyone else has had this issue
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

I always open the circuit breaker when I'm not using the boat so I have no idea if I have the issue or not
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Same here. Just trip both breakers when you put her up for the night and things will be good. I would try an find a fix but in the mean time, and in the future, flipping the trip works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

.4 is a lot of draw, even when those ballast pumps are running there only pulling 2-2.5 amps. You would need to pull the single fuses for each ballast leg and see which is draining the battery.

I also like Dave hit both breakers in the boat and only my head unit memory is drawing power.

How fast is the battery going dead? If you didnt charge them much last year due to inactivity you might have damaged the battery. It needs to get a charge on a regular basis being used or not.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    .4 is a lot of draw, even when those ballast pumps are running there only pulling 2-2.5 amps. You would need to pull the single fuses for each ballast leg and see which is draining the battery.
    I thought the jabsco pull like 8+ amps?

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    I thought the jabsco pull like 8+ amps?
    Didnt realize he would be running reversables, i was thinking the Areator style pumps. Yes Jabscos actually are closer to 15 i thought. If i recall Wake Makers told me i needed 20 amp fuses for them. I run 5amp on my areator style pumps now and i have a 10 on my IBS because i have 3 pumps tied to one circuit and the 5amp fuse cant handle that
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Today I found out everything has complete power even after I disconnected the neg battery cable, must be a back feed through the amp ground cable. (I still had the amp ground cable connected) now i wonder if the dealer will stil tell me this is normal
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

I have a 2011 LSV and my problem was with one of the amps. If you watched the remote control you could see a slight flicker even with the accessory button off and the ignition off. I had my dealer install a kill switch for the battery and have not had any problems. My dealer said they had trouble with certain amps causing this problem and the battery kill switch is a known work-around.

John