Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Do you take your Z5 top off when towing long distances?? I tried to unclamp the entire rack and couldnt get the damn thing off
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs

I have one and keep it on while towing. I do secure it with ratchet straps "just in case" some failure happens. I wouldn't want to even attempt to put the canvas back on, good luck.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

It's pretty easy to take off. You don't unclamp it though. It has sort of a ball and socket connection to the clamps. I tried to find a pic but couldn't. I never take it off for normal trips which are about 40 miles round trip at 60mph. But I did take it off when I took a long trip on the highway just to be safe.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Clamcakes View Post
    KG going to Lake Ouachita in June. Have you been there before
    Dusty got it, love that place!

When you coming? Where you going? Etc

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I'm the same as Brandon, I tow about 45 miles most weekend with it on. I pull the cloth for long trips .. Make a 2 hour trip occasionally and it just depends on my mood on whether or not I pull the canvas

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo

We'll be on Ouachita. We rented one of the 70 foot boats from bigboats.net. We'll be up there June 22 weekend. I took the canvas off for the winter, didnt want it getting F'd up and fading out. Going to put it back on this weekend. Hope i'll be able to get it back on nice and tight
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - RGB LEDs

Just checked out bigboats.net ... looks like they changed the website. Looks to be Dreamchaser which is setup at Mt. Harbor. I've wanted to do a houseboat trip for 5 years now. Ya'll will have a blast.

Hopefully I'll be out there that weekend. PM your email address if you want some info on the lake.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

We got 8 adults and 6 kids sleeping on the boat. I'm taking my LSV and one of my buddies is bringing his jetski.

I originally called up Wakezone boats on Ouachita first. The owner wasn't to receptive of folks piloting their boats around the lake. He basically said 'Wakezone' will drive the boat to a spot and get you all set up. I asked him what if we wanted to change spots everyday, he said they would give you one 'free' move to another place but you'll pay for them after that. All this didn't make any sense to me, the reason you're renting one of these houseboats is to cruise around the lake and check it out.

Anyway I think we'll have a great time. This will be a good dry-run for me and my family. I ultimately want to rent a boat on Lake Powell for a week.
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - RGB LEDs

I don't think you are going to want to "cruise the lake" in that beast. If you do, I hope you are planning on over $1,000 in boat gas. Those things don't cruise cheap.

Wakezone has newer boats but the Dreamchasers aren't bad at all. That is the route I would go if I were doing it. There are a few popular spots where you can park it right around there. Also "Wakeboard Cove" is just around the point from where you depart.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

We planned on staying some place different everynight. Thats where the jetski will come in handy in scouting out new spots to camp for the night. Cool, we'll check out wakeboard cove. We're also bringing some scuba gear to get our 'dive on'
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - RGB LEDs