Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Berg,

Your Mobius V and a Mobius are two completely different boats. The DD "Mobius" in 2001 was basically an Outback with different decals (20.5'). I think there was a Mobius LS & LSV that was 21.5'. the Mobius V, like you have was the hoss, the 23 footer, basically what the XLV is today. So I'm not surprised it didn't fit. That is a bummer, though. Maybe something else witll turn up.

Thanks Brian - I had no idea but it was worth a shot. Felt good to get out and blow the dust (pollen) off anyway. Plan B is a custom cover to the tune of around $800. I may see if the guy will do a package deal on a custom bimini to go with it though.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Westland Cover on Mobius V

DSCN1139.JPGDSCN1138.JPG

Berg, Here is my My Westland cover I bought last year. My boat is a Mobius V . I think I paid around $680 for it and it fits very good (Sharkskin). Tower pole holes are a pretty good fit too. I have towed but only in rain when going camping like you. I am Happy with it.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Looks Sharp Rick - good fit. The one I looked at had 3 holes for the tower as well, but I only have two uprights so would have had an extra. I'm still wanting the kind that is "strapless" and ratchets down under the rub rail. Just need to pony up for it.

Berg, Here is my My Westland cover I bought last year. My boat is a Mobius V . I think I paid around $680 for it and it fits very good (Sharkskin). Tower pole holes are a pretty good fit too. I have towed but only in rain when going camping like you. I am Happy with it.[/QUOTE]

The fit looks great. How do you like the black cover? Does it cook the boat any more than a grey cover would. I'm looking at getting a new cover but didn't know how hot the black would be.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Berg can you pm me the info on the that you looked at. I'm looking for one and I just have the little LSV so I'm pretty sure that would fit.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Berg,

The Westland Exact Fit Covers include straps, but they don't have to be attached. They do have a ratcheting system under the rubrail on both sides under the tower. It hides under the flap shown on Rick's pics. It will pull the cover pretty tight.

Rick must have the MOO154 cover. The MOO155 is for the 2002-2004 and covers the platform. Maybe the MOO145 fits your boat with the two post tower? Might be worth a call to Westland. They don't have their model years just right. I have to order one for a 2000 Outback. It looks like the MOO145 can be had for anywhere from $250 to $550 depending on what type of fabric.

Yeah, they miss a few years. They have year 2000 MobV with Tower, and then jump to 2002-2004 MobV with Tower. Hello, why is my 2001 not listed?? The MOO145 for the 2000 is probably the right one. I suppose I could get off my lazy arse and call them...

So for the guys who already have these Westland - do they go completely over and pull snug under the rub rail at the stern? I've seen other covers that cover most of the back deck and have straps going down to the grab bar (above the rub rail) which I don't like as much.

Berg, My new cover does have the ratchet. I use the straps with it though, especially towing. My original Moomba top tied at the back with no ratchet, but it still had straps. Not sure if I would leave the straps off....Brian is correct, it hides behind the flap below the tower. I added some plastic clips from old cover to connect on each side to make it easier to open and close.

Kurt, Yes it makes the boat hot when you first uncover it. Went for the look, instead on sense. I can live with it though. My wife is pretty Hot and I live with her too.....LOL . We had several days in the 100s I regreted it. It does not take long for it to cool off though. Seats are hot in the sun anyways.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Rick, thanks for the update, I really like the look of the black but I think I am going to go with a grey. I will post some picks when I get mine ordered!
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold