Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

You know Mark - if you were to take yours in to an upholstery shop I bet they could make a few adjustments to that cover for the tower legs or any other areas pretty easily and inexpensive. I had a few rips repaired and couple sections reinforced across the back on mine a few years ago and it was like $60 out the door. Just a little time and material. If they're good someone probably wouldn't even notice it at first glance unless you were to point it out.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

heres my westland cover.

photo-2.jpg
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

So are these covers waterproof?
    2002 Outback LSV

I haven't found that out yet. Its been in my garage and I will store indoors. It will sit out a little this summer so we will see
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Hey that cover looks kinda familiar! Did you end up with the one from Portland?
    Could someone either post or PM me with a good source for a cover? I just had my bimini redone on my '02 LSV with the Rad-A-Cage by a guy over in Palo Alto, CA who did an awesome job on my bimini. When I asked about the interior, he shot me a $1,900 estimate!!!!!!

Thanks, Eric

Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Could someone either post or PM me with a good source for a cover? I just had my bimini redone on my '02 LSV with the Rad-A-Cage by a guy over in Palo Alto, CA who did an awesome job on my bimini. When I asked about the interior, he shot me a $1,900 estimate!!!!!!

Thanks, Eric
    1900$ sounds like a good deal..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    1900$ sounds like a good deal..
    That would be a good deal for a new interior, but I typo'ed earlier

$1,900 was for a cover only!

I am just looking for a cover right now and that is what I had meant to ask about

Thanks, Eric

I purchased the Westland cover for my trip back to Manitoba, and I was extremely satisfied with it. Not only towing, but on the boat when the boat was on the trailer. Water just beads off, but be careful, if you don't have the post for the back, it will pool. The only issue I had was the Velcro would come loose around the tower in tow. Came with about 15 straps and the winches on each side. I only use 4 straps at the back, and winched it up really tight for my tow.
    Richard
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

So where are you guys getting the covers for around $250, I have an '02 and cant seem to find anything under $330. And in Northern California that $80 would pay for a days gas!!!

I want to get a cover before I have the interior redone this October.

Thanks, Eric.

I was looking for a cover and didn't really want to spend $900 on the Evolution cover. I liked what I saw with the Carver cover, but they didnt have my boat in a perfect fit cover. I saw a few pics of Westland covers on here, and on some other brand boats and figured I would give it a shot. I ordered the Sharkskin Supreme SD for $447 shipped. I wasn't really sure what to expect with the fit of the cover. I knew it wouldn't offer the looks and tightness of an Evolution cover, but it couldn't be as bad as a universal style cover. Here are some pics of the cover on my 2006 XLV with it right out of the box and without tightening the cover rope, I think it will work out nice. I don't really care for the fit of the cover around the tower legs though. Im thinking of some ways to mod or add to the cover at the tower legs to get close to a water proof seal there. Ill get some better pictures after the wrinkles and creases are out of the cover from shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 XLV