Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Ugh - you may have just answered a question for me Drew. I stumbled across a Westland cover in my neck of the woods today that I can get dirt cheap. However I believe it's for a D-Drive, not sure it will fit my V. Hopefully the guy will let me open up the box and give it a go though.

Hey Brian - have you towed much/at all with that Westland cover on?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Berg, be sure to check the tower leg openings on your boat. I wouldn't fork over the cash until you did a test fit. It all worked out for me, but it could have been a big waste of coin, too.

Yup - the seller said I can test fit it and sounds anxious to get rid of it. Now if it would just not rain for a hour or so I could drag the boat out and go have a look.

Hi everyone,
    I just bought a 2010 Moomba LSV and love the boat. However the boat only came with the snap on cover. I'm looking for a more weatherproof mooring cover. I saw a few mentions of the Evolution cover. Does anyone have a picture or two on how this cover fits around the Rad A Cage tower?

Thanks

Berg,

I have towed with my cover on. I am personally not a big fan of doing it. Mostly because I can't see behind me. My Outback is low enough that I can see behind the boat, looking through the windshield. Also, we soak the crap out of my boat on rollers. My boat is constantly wet inside, so I need the boat open on the way home to help dry the boat out, and on the way to the lake to air it out. The only trouble I have had with it towing is where one of the straps was flapping and rubbing the gelcoat which left some black marks on it. They buffed right out though.

Thanks Brian. I am with you for visibility - however for longer road trips when it's rainy, dusty, or I'm loaded down with camp gear I like to have the cover on - as long as it's not going to flap or rub like crazy so that's why I'm curious. The one I'm eyeballing here is a fraction of the cost of a custom one and would be better than my old tattered one for sure as long as it fits.

I'll have my. Correct Westland cover tues. Ill get some pIcs up of the fit.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

No Joy for me. Pulled the boat down to do a test fit and the cover was at least a foot short -even though it said right on the box was meant for a direct drive Mobius with tower - I'm guessing it was more suitable for an Outback.

That stinks, berg.

Hate it when those sweet deals pass by. Specially when ya invest a little time and money into it and can't quit deal the deal

Sent from my android eating iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV