Default National Museum of Naval Aviation

I recommend a visit to the National Museum of Naval Aviation. Located at Pensacola (FL) Naval Air Station, it offers a marvelous look at the navy’s aircraft, ships, and role in military history. The collections and displays are fantastic. Parking and admission are free. Though located inside the grounds of Pensacola NAS, the museum is open to the public. Across the street is a lighthouse, from which I took an aerial photo of the museum complex. My wife and I made a road trip to see family and got as far south as Pensacola. On the way through Biloxi I took a picture of the Hard Rock landmark sign. Did not stay there. Just thought it was unusual and took a picture. Must be fifty feet tall. Anyway, keep the museum in mind if you make a trip to the western edge of Florida’s panhandle. You will not be disappointed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deerfield; 04-08-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Nice to hear admission and parking is free. That's unheard of anymore nowadays
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I just retired from NAS and that museum is one of the best in the world. A retired Admiral took over the adminstration of it in the early 90's and has made it what it is today, awesome. All funds are donations and no tax dollars go into it. While shopping for places to do my retirement ceremony, the Museum does them for free (or about $1000 less than everywhere else).

Also, from March to Nov, the Blue Angels practice from 0830 to 0930 over the field and it is free to watch. They also do 2 airshows in Pcola (at the beach in Jul and the final one in Oct/Nov).

While it is free to get in, your tax dollars are at work, so don't feel to badly.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I went there a few times in the late 70s and early 80s and it was an excellent museum then. It had one of the Gemini or Apollo capsules there. I was stationed at Eglin AFB and often went to Rosie O'grady's for a good time.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Been there a couple of times, it is very cool place.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold