Thread: Dead Dash

Default Dead Dash

Need a little help. Hopefully from Brian, Yesterday I had no responses from any of the instruments on the dash. No speddo, or anything. Boat ran great. Very Concerned what to do...

Any help.

Doug, Tulsa

Default Replying to Topic 'Dead Dash'

Fuse or wire. Trace it back or take it to the dealer. Does anyone have a manual reference for a fuse matrix showing all fuses and their location?

If you find an inline fuse look close at the connections from the wire to the contact points under the cap. I had a intermittent break there that took months to fine on my Lund. The pressure from the multi-meter pin was enough to hold the connection together.

Even the dealer couldn't find it. I really hate electrical problems.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

I have had this happen before in rough water.

If you look under the dash behind your switches you will find a circuit board. It is basically in two pieces and what probably happened is that the smaller section has pulled off or loosened up on the stabs on the back of the main board.

Work it back on the stabs gently you do not want to flex either one of those board too much, and you should be back in business.

I used a tiny bungee cord to hold the setup together and haven’t had an issue since

Good luck, E

In the battery storage area (behind the spotter seat) there is a trip switch that controls the dash and a few other things. It is easy to accidentally trip this if you have lots of stuff in there. Check this out before you rip your dash apart. Same thing happened to me. Stumped me for about an hour until I remembered reading something in the manual. RTFM.

Rob, I have a outback. Approx where is that switch. I did have a bunch of crap in there.

Thanks to everyone for all their help.

On my 04 Mobius dd it is located on the bulkhead above the battery box. Can't remember where in the manual i read about it. Might even have been on one of these topics on the BB

My 03 ls has the same switch on the bulkhead behind the battery.It has a red button on it.When installing the battery this spring I pressed the red button.Big mistake.The red button is not the reset,it pops the breaker and the whole dash goes dead.There is a small bleck lever that pops down when you push the button.It's hard to see but it's right at the bottom of the switch.You have to push it back up to reset the breaker.Took me a while but I finally found it.
    jy

Rob and James,

thanks for your help. i looked for the switch for a while on my 02 outback but could not find it. will look again after work.

doug

Just a follow up. After checking again in the battery compartment and still not finding any switch, I call the grand master Brian Raymond.

My boat is a 02 Outback and he states they did not start putting that in till 03.

I did something under the dash and just put the key and turned on the acc, did not turn the motor and the gauges moved. Who knows.

Hopefully get it out this weekend and make sure everything work. No rain in the forcast.

By the way finally after about 20+ calls found a place at Table Rock to stay for the 4th.

smokedog2, I will grab some real estate mags there and get with you when I get back and I should be able to mail them to you.

Doug, Tulsa