Thread: Dive rescue

Default Dive rescue

I volunteered last year for the local dive rescue team and on Monday I got qualified and received my pager and radio. Needless to say, my pager goes off for the first time while at work and I proceed to the station. A lady went into a diabetic shock and crossed eight lanes of travel and went into the irrigation ditch. We are one of the few all volunteer dive rescues in the country and it is really rewarding. Since being there, we have pulled a stolen Escalade from a lake, retrieved a moose from an irrigation ditch and recovered a murder weapon. Those that were qualified had responded to water rescues and drownings.

I would like to make a pitch to those few people on this board from the Tricities or someone they might know that we are always in need of volunteers and we are having an open house on April 28th so you can check out the equipment and have a snack. I don't dive but the majority of work is in the surface support including launching Zodiacs and boat operators. I told the dive crew that Moomba drivers are the best boat drivers out there and now they think Moomba drivers are liars..lol. We usually have about 25 missions a year and already we've had five even before the boating season begins.

http://www.keprtv.com/news/local/Not...?tab=video&c=y
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

zabooda - Saw this story on the national news. Great work by you and your buddies! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

My last 2 years in the marine corps I was a coxswain on the zodiac. Great boat and a ton of fun. Your doing a great service to your community, you touch folks in more ways than you know. Stay safe out there zabooda
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Nice job! Thanks for sharing. Love those who volunteer to make the world a better place. Good for you!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!