Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What is it about your wake that he doesn't like as much as the 210 or 230?
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I would have the wakeplate at 1/2 or a little less, This will ramp the wake more like the 210

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    What is it about your wake that he doesn't like as much as the 210 or 230?
    I think its just a confidence issue mainly because he rides the other boats so much more. One thing that he says is the Moomba wake is a lot wider than the 210 and 230. He just turned 12 and he is being taught by "The Book" and the Learnwake style so there is a big emphasis on mechanics and fundamentals. He thinks he has to throw out the mechanics and just try to boot everything behind our boat. Doing so takes away consistancy.

I really think there its just some "Jedi mind tricks" going on but I want to help him out and keep him excited about riding.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

You said he's riding at 65 feet plus handle so 70 feet total? I always rode at 65 feet including the handle I tried riding 70 feet a couple times and the wake did feel wide to me to the point where I got some of the same feelings as your son is talking about. Try pulling him in to 65 feet. At that length the LSV feels almost exactly the same width as my friends 210. Also as far as weight if you're going to fill the gravity III full you need to put some more weight in the bow to firm up the wake otherwise the wake has sort of a false lip that is easy to push through in my opinion.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

You should also check to see if the speed is accurate with a GPS. This can also have an impact on the wake.

Very True.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

What year 210 has he been riding behind? My buddy has a 2003 (which was the same hull up to 2006 or 2007) and it is narrower, but much steeper. This is totally opposite of my boat, so I am basically having to re-learn how to ride everytime I go out on his boat. For example, I can do toeside W2W behind my boat, with no ballast. If I do the exact same cut and approach and body poisition behind the SAN I get bucked off axis and crash really hard.

I think it is good to learn how to ride behind different boats, but it is really hard to progress doing that. My boat has the smallest wake among the boats in my crew (there are X2, RZ2, SAN, VLX) yet I still prefer my wake because I am used to it.

I also ditto what was said about the speed. When I first installed my Perfect Pass, I didn't know it needed calibrating. One of the Malibu's that I ride behind, his was off too. I think the difference in our two speeds was like 6 or 7 mph, even though we both had our cruises set on 21mph. We didn't realize this until we were using his boat to tow, and my boat to film. A handheld GPS is worth its weight in gold for calibrating speed. Of course, most smartphones can do this too, but my Droid does not read speed in tenths, so I still us my handheld Garmin eTrex.

BTW, "The Book" series is VERY good. I have that set and it is full of good information. It helped me get a lot more comfortable on my board. I try to do the 2 and 4 minute drills when I start to ride, and I get most of it, but those backside 180's are tough, and painful.

I cant wait to try out my new setup, 750s rear, 400mid 650 bow. I hope that is narrows up the wake a bit as it was super wide before and then you had to ride a shorter line. Does anybody have pics of this weight setup in their boat? The ice is still on the lake up here so I need something to help get me through!
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

He rides an 08 210, 11 230, 08 x star, and our 10 LSV.

Monday I'll take my gps with to compare speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Took the gps with last night. Speedo is right on.
    Rode with factory ballast empty wakeplate at 1/2, a 540lb up front and 800lb at back seat, 24mph. Wake was really good, firm and clean. Boat got out the hole better than expected as well. Overall very happy with the performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450