Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Engine Problems PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok so I have a 2004 Moomba Mobius LS. I went to run my boat the other day and it started filling with water I figured maybe I didnt tighten my engine plugs so I pulled my boat back out of the water and checked all the engine plugs they were tight all hoses were hooked up. Boat never over heated. I started the boat with it attached to the trailer and noticed that water is coming out of the block from a hole that looks like it should have a plug in it. I pulled the oil dip stick and found what appears to be water in the oil. I am wondering if there are freeze plugs on the boat and if that could be the issue. I usually winterize my own boat and have never had any issues. I didnt FOG the motor this year but I did insure all the water was out of the block. I know it could be a cracked block or head gasket. what about exhaust manifold or riser? any help on where to start would be great.

Thanks in advance
    Skib

Can you take a pic of the hole the water is coming out of? You sure there is water in the oil?

PWI as usual...

Man this does not sound good. Best of luck trouble shooting this issue, hope it's something simple to fix. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

where are you at in oklahoma? might be able to take a look for you.

Any update on this?
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Im in OKC stationed at Tinker. I will take a pic and post tom.

Thanks for the responses
    Skib

Default Here are the pics

Ok here are the pics. the water is comimn out right above the freeze plug in that threaded hole? the hole looks clean like somthing used to be in it. Any ideas
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like its a drain plug but i cant tell with the picture upside down. Even if it was a water drain plug you shouldnt have water in your oil.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

If water is coming out that hole then plug it! If you changed your oil and thats the colour of it then there is a problem. Also , if you are getting water in your oil the level on the dipstick will be increasing or higher. When did you last change your oil. What do you mean you usually winterize your own boat? Did you winterize it last year? Did you drain both sides of the block and did you poke a wire up thru the drain plugs to make sure no rust was blocking the drain holes. If there was a plug in that hole where did it go?
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 04-07-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Default tell me if this may make sense

Ok so I have a theory. But first can someone lookand see if the boat has a plug there. Ok so first to answer some
    questions. Yes I always drain both sides I always fog my engine as well as remove my sack and make sure all ballast lines are empty. I say I usually do it because I have had Davids sports do it a time or two. They also do my oil changes and services. Now my theory. If you look in that first pic you can kinda see rust around the oil pan what if there is supposed to be a plug there and its missing. Is it possible that when myboat started filling with water it leaked into my oil pan makink it look like a cracked head or headgasket i never had any issues with it running hot or even bad
    . This was even when it was leaking water into the hull. It ran smooth the whole time. It wasnt even smoking. Does this theory make sense to anyone else? Sorry for the typos im on my phone