Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nissan Titan Diesel

I'm not a crazy fan of the Nissan Titan's body style but I'm glad somebody is finally coming out with a small diesel engine half ton pickup.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...of-energy.html
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Interesting... I read a few months back that Nissan was pulling the plug on the Titan because of lack of sales. Now they must be pulling the plug on pulling the plug.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

The wife of my dad's work partner is VP of something, can't remember what at nissan and he told him about it.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Maybe Nissan IS pulling the plugs on the Titan.

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Its great to see someone finally doing this. I have been reading a lot about small diesels like the TDI comming out in the next two years in cars. I have not herd a solid confimed statement saying any 1/2 tons will get a diesel. I can tell you unless they make the titan under 4500 lbs that engine will be slow and get poor milage.

Several high end SUVs have diesels and all of them get high teens or very low 20s city due to weight vs power.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

They're estimating 28mpg in the article. I agree though 220hp isn't much for a 1/2 ton 380 lb-ft of torque isn't too bad though.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Yea 28 is pretty nice and if you look at milage compared to a 1/2 ton truck your absolutly right in thinking man the milage is awesome, but when you go drive it and it feels like a 1 ton with a 4banger in it you will not be sold. Thats been the long time problem in making a Diesel afordable and marketable. You cant get both milage and cost at the same time. When you talk about trucks its even harder because people will automaticaly think, HAH i got a Diesel, im gonna hook up my farm trailer and pull it LOL.

There has been a lot of chatter about the Chevy Colorado pickup <S10 replacement> getting a 4 clynder diesel and i think that would be an AWESOME little truck. It would get really great milage and its still small enough to make you really think about hooking 10K to it and pulling LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

If I could take the diesel out of my touareg and put it in a half tone truck that would be sweet...gobs of power. Fuel economy. And an eight speed tranny. Money baby
    2010 möbius ls "you ain't fallin you ain't learning"

As long as manufacturers are posting 1/2 ton tow ratings that are 11,300 lbs you will have people trying to pull alot of weight with half ton trucks. I saw a f150 pulling a fifth wheel travel trailers a couple years ago. Looked like the rear end was riding on the bump stops! I do think a 6 cyl would be a better way to go tho
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I was led to believe that they don't put the diesels into 1/2 ton trucks as 1/2 are considered "cars" and subject to the same crash/emissions requirements, where a 3/4 and up truck is considered a "truck" and not subject to the same crash/emissions requirements. seemed that the decisions were made by NTSB and EPA, not detroit.

a decent diesel in a 1/2 ton would be a huge hit if it had some good base numbers. we all know what companies like bully dog can do with a diesel so if this cummins is like the rest, 400hp and 600ft/lbs won't be far behind from the aftermarket..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten