Default Help needed wiring up new depth finder...

I have a 2008 LSV that didnt come with a depth gauge... I installed the thru hull transducer last weekend but need some guidance on the best way to wire the power. I would like to find the factory hookup and use that if I even have it (what color wires am I looking for) or wire it into the ignition? Not sure how to do that. I just want it to work when the boat is on and not have to remember to turn it off... Thanks for any help!

On the 2010's, all the purple wires under the dash are ignition controlled. Not sure what the 2008's are. There are only a few wires coming from the ignition switch. The ignition on wire is eady to find. Just splice it into that.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

I am sure that is how mine is wired, only draw back is having to setup low level alarm each time key is turned off.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

I had a blank, non used 2 way rocker switch on my panel that I used. I just used a circuit light to determine that it had power and then connected the depth finder to the +/- sides, it was simple.

If you don't have an unused switch, you can add a switch from the CB/Fuse box.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Thanks guys. I will wedge myself under there this weekend and see what I can figure out...

I think I found the factory depth gauge wires last night wrapped up in the wiring harness under the dash...Its a purple and black wire with a crimp connector on the end... I will rey using that... Heres a pic...

IMAG0275.jpg