Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash Lights

Default Dash Lights

I am wanting to change my dash light color on my 2011 lsv, has anyone done this on a 2011?
    Current ride: 2011 LSV
    Old ride: 2005 LSV

I did on my 11 OBV. The only ones I didnt change were on the cruise. I will try to find some pics of the finished product. Was fairly easy to do
    REALLY????

Yes, quite a few did this a few years ago. I did not, so hopefully they will chime in with first-hand advice. From what I remember, after you get yourself crammed & contorted under the dash, it's a quick twist to get the old bulb out and again to get the new bulb in. I think one of the sites they ordered from was this one:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...FQUGnQodtSyiLw

Yep - should be all 194 style bulbs. On the back of each gauge - twist and pull out bulb housing/holder - yank out old bulb, push in new.

IIRC bigger gauges on mine took 2 bulbs, smaller gauges just one.

I did find some of the 194 style from SuperBrightLeds a little finicky with making a good contact for some reason. Flipped them around in the bulb housing and seemed to help.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Yep - should be all 194 style bulbs. On the back of each gauge - twist and pull out bulb housing/holder - yank out old bulb, push in new.

IIRC bigger gauges on mine took 2 bulbs, smaller gauges just one.

I did find some of the 194 style from SuperBrightLeds a little finicky with making a good contact for some reason. Flipped them around in the bulb housing and seemed to help.
    Which type did you purchase? Looks like they have polarized/non-polarized and they range from $2.00 a pop to around $7 a pop.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I went with the smallest - the WLED-x-x and were $.79 a piece so not bad at all. I was worried about them being too big for the opening or too bright and being distracting but they're really not. Could have safely gone a bump or two up and been fine but the next few sizes up didn't advertise the wide angle until the WLED-5x one that is 220 degrees but then they were at $3 a pop.

Be curious to see how much brighter they are and if they'd be too much. I think you want to go non polarized too.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I went with the WLED-x5 they were 3.74 ea and I needed 10.
    I havent used the boat at night so I dont know if they are "too bright.
    They were a little tricky to get in the old hole but it can be done
    REALLY????

Quote Originally Posted by 11 Outback V View Post
    They were a little tricky to get in the old hole but it can be done
    Call Dusty's Mom if you have this problem.

Replacing those lights in my 09 LSV was a PITA!! I couldn't get needle nose pliers to twist them out. Finally said F' it and took the gauges out. Probably the easiest way to do it. Just remember to do 1 gauge at a time.
    2009 LSV Liquid Force Edition
    - Gravity III - Upgraded 900lb rear locker
    - Z5 Rack
    - ACME 1847
    - Polk MM6501UM - Kicker IX500.4
    - Kicker CompVX 12" - Kicker IX1000.1
    - Pair Wetsounds Rev 10s - JL Audio HD750/1
    - RGB LEDs

Why buy new bulbs? I took the bUlbs out of all my gauges, peeled back the green coating, and used my girlfriends red fingernail polish to paint over them. Works like a charm and glows bright red. Took all of 20 minutes to do.