Camp on pool 8 of Allegheny River (Adrian, PA)

Default Outback - Strainer mount location?

Hello - we have a 2003 Outback...first boat for our family...put 80 hrs on the meter last year and loved every minute!!!

I have learned allot from this site and need to ask for some more help. The boat does not have a water strainer in it now and I have found grass / debris on the screen located in the transmission fluid cooler during mid season maintenance and again at winterization. I plan to purchase the strainer from SKIDIM and install it myself.

Question: Where is the best place to mount this strainer on this boat? Not allot of room in the DD engine compartment, especially aft of the engine.

Thank you
    2003 Outback
    Boat name = Lynn Syndrome
    Its a condition that runs in the family...Judy Lynn (mother-in-law) Heather Lynn (wife) & Megan Lynn (daughter)...no known cure...but the boat helps
    New boat for me on 10/9/10.

100_0573.jpg

On the back of the engine, Port side, a few feet from the intake scupper.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Camp on pool 8 of Allegheny River (Adrian, PA)

Viking - Thanks for the reply and the picture. I get the boat out of storage next week and that is one of the improvements along with a tower mount mirror and some new tires for the boat trailer. After reading here and seeing the pics of trailer damage I am not pushing my luck any further. Tires are original from 2003...I think i'm on borrowed time.
    2003 Outback
    Boat name = Lynn Syndrome
    Its a condition that runs in the family...Judy Lynn (mother-in-law) Heather Lynn (wife) & Megan Lynn (daughter)...no known cure...but the boat helps
    New boat for me on 10/9/10.

I definitely would. My tires only lasted 3 years. But I tow alot.
    You don't want to have to do body work like alot of us

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet