Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Alternator info....can't find info

Hey guys,

Can you tell me what type of alternator I have? Trying to find a number to cross reference to buy one online. My wife is at home and went and looked at what was written on it and she sent me the following....

Thin white sticker: S/N 108964
    Retangular yellow aluminum sticker: SAE J171 & ISO 8846
    12v 70A CRD NEG
    *That last "A" may be a "7", I couldn't tell for sure.

I searched Google and couldn't find a cross reference anywhere. Apparently the SAE J1171 & ISO 8846 are just "certifications" or something similar.

Any idea? Need to find one and buy one ASAP.

Called Atlanta Marine, but they are backed up apparently.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I think it's one of the first two on this page. But you should call skidim to be sure to get the right one.

http://www.skidim.com/searchprods.as...number=2&val=0
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    Called Atlanta Marine, but they are backed up apparently.
    Apparantly, you did not call the correct person.

It may be the second one. The first one has a different pulley than mine. Left a message with skidm.

I can't believe I cant find it on Google. I guess there is a first time for everything.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Why not take your in and have it rebuilt. It will be cheaper and have a warranty, plus you know it will be the right one.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I agree with Maxpower220
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Yeah, you both are probably right. I need to check around and see who can do this in a reasonable time frame. Main reason I was going to have it replaced was to get the boat on the water by next Wed.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden

I have had a starter rebuilt (same people who would do an alternator) and got it back within 2 days. Of course, every shop is different. Check your phonebook. Also, you can feel good about supporting a local business.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    Check your phonebook. Also, you can feel good about supporting a local business.
    haha, I wouldn't even know where to get a phone book. But I do like to support local businesses. Heart and soul of America and creation of more of them is the absolute KEY to getting this economy back on track.

That settles it, I'm calling the local guy.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden

I will check the part number on mine when I get home. I chose to purchase a new on and put it on the boat. Then I had the old one rebuilt so if the alternator goes out again all I have to do is put the original "backup" on there and keep making waves!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In