Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sea Doos???

Grrrrrr Lake Lice....
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I know... I know... but I "THINK" they will be responsible riders!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

It's cool looking at those old models. My first was a 1995 XP, great little ski. Next we had a 1998 GSX, didn't really care for that one too much. Had a 1994 Yamaha FX1, lot of fun. We then got a 1998 and later a 1999 Yamaha Superjet...ton of fun and still going strong after 14 (13) seasons. Some friends have a newer Yamaha couch, very comfy and fast, but to me not much fun on a small lake.
    2008 Outback V

As far as number 2(lol) they are supposed to self drain like drew mentioned but If the are supercharged i think those do have a winterization process.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    It's amazing how easy it is to profile an idiot sea doo operator.
    It is even easier on our lake; look for a PWC - once you find one, you've found the idiot.
    2013 Outback V

Same with us. The police on our lakes have got so strict on watching Sea Doos that people have sold many of them after getting pulled over. Our lakes are pretty small, so it's mostly due to being to close to docks or other boats. I'm not complaining

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    It is even easier on our lake; look for a PWC - once you find one, you've found the idiot.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

I had an 05 Seadoo RXT, sold in fall 08 for boat. I did my own maintanance. I am pretty family on the basic stuff of the 4tec engine. Assuming you are looking at a newer model that has this engine. All based of the same base engine 3 cyl 1500 cc. Base engine starting at non-supercharged, then supercharged, then top end- supercharged & Intercooled.

The do require oil changes like any engine. Although they have a self contained cooling system, they should have some winterizing- the exhaust still used lake water for cooling just like our boats and its not self draining, stabil for the gas, disconect the battery. That cover most of the big times.

I believe around 04-05 was the big switch to the 4 stroke in seadoo. To test drive, like mentioned, check oil & gas, key and go. Thought most had a multi fuction LCD screen for speed, tach, water/air temps, hours, ect.

They can consume some fuel but also look how you would drive it, drive your moomba that way and it will drink gas.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Yamaha Waverunner 4 stroke. Run all day for about 8 bucks. My brother had one. Nice machine but boring after an hour.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!