Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Great thread. Thanks for the information! I run about 50 hrs a season, and definitely recommend checking oil before each use! Only once have I had to add oil mid-50-hr-run.

Started using royal purple full synthetic 15w40 and I went to a larger filter. The oil says it’s safe for cats so bonus. Doesn’t seem to burn oil like the Lucas marine oil I was running.

Don't know that we have seen anything "official" in regards to a comparison. I do think we have had Larry from Indmar post that synthetic is OK after 100 hours.

So when talking about the "running a ballast load" numbers I have seen people posting here; 5700 lbs, 7,000 lbs etc...are you talking about JUST extra ballast above the weight of the boat, or including the boat weight here? Excuding fuel and passengers, the Makai I have is 5,200 lbs dry weight, and can take on 4,000 lbs of water ballast. So if I am loaded, would I say I am running 9,200 lbs ballasted?
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

And I have another question. The yellow load capacity limit warning label, located under or beside the drivers cockpit depending on your boat, generally has a limit on number of passengers OR weight. I take it to mean it's an either/0r type limit. That load is 2,500 lbs on my boat, and is generally in the 2,000 lb range on most. But if my boat can take on 4,000 lbs of ballast, how can the passenger load be limited to 2,500 lbs. Unless they are figuring it with you running the 4,000 lbs of ballast tanks full too. But then could I tell the DNR guy "Yeah man I know it says I can only have 2,500 lbs of people on here, and yes it's obvious the 18 people I have on here are all 200 plus lbs. But I don't have any water in my ballast, so I am safe. Don't give me a ticket."
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Default Note from Indmar - CHANGE YOUR OIL!

The passenger weight capacity is over and above stock ballast. But if you add lead, it will take away from passenger capacity obviously.

Using your Makai numbers.

Boat 5200#
    Stock ballast 4000#
    Passenger capacity 2500#

Total mass is 11700#
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 04-16-2021 at 03:16 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I have a mojo 14 with a new Indmar engine about 1 yr ago. Personally, I like the synthetic oil - 15W40 and change the oil after each 50 hours. Don't notice much "burning of the oil", sometimes need to top off but not very much. Mainly surfing.

2 questions:
    1. Center ballast fills about 1/3 and then pumps water out. Only way to fill is under power, and this allows full tank to fill. This just started to happen, normally at rest all 3 tanks fill normally.
    2. When I turn the boat to the left and the stern swings around, the boat kicks out water from the bilge only on starboard side. Any suggestions as to why??

I’m about to do an oil change in my ‘15 Mojo. I was going to use the recommended 5W30 Synthetic Blend by Indmar. It’s a little tougher to find in a timely manner and more expensive than Ford Motorcraft SAE 5W30 Synthetic Blend. So, I am considering going with the latter. Is there a difference beyond the labeling and marketing? Thoughts? Suggestions? Concerns?

Theu might be 1000 different opinions on this. MOTORCRAFT is ford's brand. The Raptor is Ford's motor. I don't see a problem. Others might say different.

Truthfully, I use Schaeffer's oil 5w-30 which exceeds all the Ford and Indmar standards. Use a good filter that is more important. If you have an oil extractor it is a 15 minute job.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow