Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I agree Sandm, you do have to set yourself apart these days. However, if SC is like every business in America, (post office excluded), they are running a bare bones crew. I know in my business we do with 12 guys what we did with 20 back in the late 90's. That being said, if I EVER get a chance to have a boat built, I will want pics.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Really seems to me that skiers is missing an opportunity to differentiate themselves. Tell me that its that difficult to post a tag with the name and a floor super to take 10 minutes each day to email a pic. Dont need 10 a day, but 1 or 2 would certainly be easy......

I get labor costs, but i really think this is a missed opp here. As a mgr in retail with ever shrinking productivity expectations, id find a way...
    You just highlighted EXACTLY why this isn't as easy as you're trying to make it sound. How many boats do you suppose are on the floor at any given time? Pick a number. I'll say 25. So, thats 25 boat build emails times 10 mins per boat or OVER 4 hours per day spent email build pics.

Go further. What do you suppose a floor super gets paid? I'll take a guess again and say $75,000 per year salary. That works out to about $36/hr. So, that's $144/day, $720/wk or $37,440/yr for somebody to take pictures!

Sure, I'd like it if I had gotten a pic a day to see the progress on my Mojo. But, as I said before, I'd rather have to forego this than have the cost SC incurred rolled back into the cost of my boat. I'm not going to pony up the extra coin to buy a Tige just so I can get a few pics.

Agreed drew, but how many if them are presells vs dealer stock, andi dont think anyone expects pics every day. I would assune theres a salaried floor mgr that could find time for the few that would want them.

Again, if that person is walking the floor most of the day supervising, how hard can it be with todays tech. To snap a puc and have an admin orhimself shoot off a quick email. I would hope that skiers subscribes to somesort of "fish" philosophy and have fun at work, andif so, they can find the time... Heck turn it into a photo op of the skiers guys building each step and make them proud to do it with a quick note saying "engine being installed by xxx". 10 years from now, those pucs at the plant will be priceless.
    Last edited by sandm; 03-23-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: sorry for grammar. on cell ;)
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Doing it for each individual boat/owner is not realistic, but it would not be difficult to take some pictures of various boats during the build process and upload them somewhere. You could walk that floor, take the pictures, and upload them on here in half an hour. Now for each customer that would be asking too much. " Just sayin"
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I see it the exact opposite way as most of you. Having to track down boats and line them up with email etc would be a pain. I'd think its easier done by everyboat, not on a pick and chose basis.

Put a camera over certain stages, snap a picture from the computer, and hit send. It would all need to be automated in my opinion.

Also, what about the workers on the floor. "Hey can you stop working on that while I snap a pic for this boat owner." "Hey will you look pretty or get your finger out of your nose so I can snap this pic." .... all the while they are thinking does that a$$ not have anything better to do than look at pics of his boat being built.

Even pics upon delivery of the boat would be easier than filling continuous weekly build pics.

I agree it can be done, not doubting that. I see the cool factor in it, yes. Is it that big of a deal? To me, no. At the end of the day it adds little to no value.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Put a camera over certain stages, snap a picture from the computer, and hit send. It would all need to be automated in my opinion.
    Yep, another suggestion that I have made is to install some web cameras along certain stages. Dealers provide secure logins and ip's and owners can try to keep up on their own. I agree, if they do it, it has to be automated.

Occupy SC factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Yep, another suggestion that I have made is to install some web cameras along certain stages. Dealers provide secure logins and ip's and owners can try to keep up on their own. I agree, if they do it, it has to be automated.
    Awesome - like at theme parks where they snap your pic as you go roaring by on the roller coaster then you can see it in the lobby when you exit!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Awesome - like at theme parks where they snap your pic as you go roaring by on the roller coaster then you can see it in the lobby when you exit!
    Yes, and then pay big money for that picture
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Ok I think people are making this out to be way more complicated Then it needs to be. 4 points along the processes. Hull, motor, interior, finished product. Boat #4444 goes down the line with an attached email address. At each point the worker snaps an email on an ipodtouc, click email, done. 30 seconds. They can cc a certain dept with these pics as well. Total real time for the whole boat is about 10-15 min. On a 60,000 boat. Ya, I don't care what people say, I thought it was a great idea for those who want it and take a lot of pride in a new boat and it creates brand loyalty. Plus those pics get posted up all over the forums as free advertising for SC.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!