Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default New owners - please read re: Build pics

It's been great to see all the new owners that have ordered boats posting on the board to get this season kicked off! Glad you're here and hope to see a ton of pics of you, your families and the new boats once they arrive.

In past years, and at the start of this build season, some folks would request and receive pics of their boats during the build process. It was great to follow these threads and I too greatly enjoyed seeing the progress on my Mojo.

Unfortunately, the factory has reached a peak level for Spring builds and it's going to be nearly impossible for them to continue to provide build pics. It's my understanding that each boat is assigned an order number and your name is not associated with the boat as it moves across the factory floor. So when you, or your Dealer, emails a request for pics of Mr. X's boat, it's a multi-step process to find the order number associated with your boat, track that specific boat down on the factory floor, take pics, upload/email to the right address, etc.

I know some will be dissappointed but I'd guess you would prefer to have your boat delivered sooner than a few pics along the way.

Why not just tag a name along with the order number? Seems simple enough.

How is ole order number Wolfe23654Mojo coming along?

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I have to say that the build pics was one one of the BEST things about getting my boat built new in 08. I can honestly say when you spend $60,000 or more this is one of the nice little perks that makes it worth it! Maybe they can make an exception for those on the board? Its good advertising for Moomba!
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

I hear ya & there are probably plenty of great ideas that we can come up with to try and solve this, but I think it comes down to 2 things that are going to be hard to overcome at this time of year:

1) no set process
    2) lack of manpower

Maybe I can find out some facts about how many boats are being produced during this time of year, how many shifts are running, etc. so we can all better understand the difficulties involved. I do know that the folks at SC are very sorry that they can't fulfill all of the requests.

I think my Mojo may be heading to the ATL next week!
    Just in time for me to be heading out of town for Spring Break!

Is it scary that I know what my boats order number was?

OB0234

Its scribbled all over the backside of a bunch of stuff.
    2013 Outback V

As a photographer, they can hire me and I will take pictures all day long and send them out to the appropriate people. Attend boat shows, events, etc etc etc.

Rick, just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    I have to say that the build pics was one one of the BEST things about getting my boat built new in 08.
    I don't think they were building as many in '08.

I've made a few suggestions to help "automate" a process for them. Maybe they will be able to do something, but it might not happen this year.

I'm going to play devils advocate here.

Being someone who is in the service industry I can see how much of a headache it would be to track everything needed. the request being sporadic would make it even more of a pain. Their goal is to build your boat quickly and accurately, taking pictures adds nothing but difficulty to that goal.

I think it would likely be something that is done for everyone or noone. I doubt they had anyone dedicated to the task. If it were me, its a perfect intern job. Let someone who loves the industry be around it when temporarily needed and little cost involved.

Let's be honest, it maybe cool but it doesn't add value. Would you choose one boat over another BC you can get pics of it being built? Huh 501, would you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

It would be cool to see the actual colors we chose for the boat, but understand the challenges. No worries here, but the anticipation is killing us.
    Greg C.
    2012 MOJO

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    its a perfect intern job.
    Ha! That was one of my suggestions! I also volunteered to interview the UT co-eds.