Default Tower Mount Extreme Mirror - Is it Worth the $$$?

We currently have the standard windshield mount mirror that comes with the Mobius LSV. It works OK, but there are a couple things I don't like about it. First, we have to remove it when trailering and/or putting the cover on the boat. Second, the field of vision isn't wide enough to see the wakeboarders when they cut way out on the sides. So, I am looking at a tower mounted Extreme mirror. There appears to be two companies with this mirror. The mirror itself has three mirrors (lenses), the middle lens is 12" x 6" and is fixed, while the two end lenses are 4" x 6" and adjustable. This allows you to see the wakeboarder even at the extreme edges in the mirror. The only negative is it appears the mirror costs approx. $250 plus shipping. Does anyone have any experience with these mirrors and are they worth the money?????
    Shoe

Default Replying to Topic 'Tower Mount Extreme Mirror - Is it Worth

I am not familiar with the mirror that you are talking about, but I did "modify" my mirror that came with the boat. I was in a position of needing to take it off to get in the garage and to cover as you are.

So, I just unscrewed the adjustment deal and reversed the bracket on the mirror. Now, when I am done, I loosen it up and it folds down behind the windshield out of the wind and only leaves a slight bump above the windsheild line. When I am back on the water a loosen it up and flip it up and it works great. It is right at the end of upper adjustment but I can see the skier just fine.

Shoe,
    Take a look at the tower mirror offered by Monster Tower ($170 includes mirror, arm, & bracket). I have one on our LSV and I love it. We have the snap-on covers so I never have to remove my mirror to cover the boat and when I need to remove the mirror it's a simple 10 second job via their quick release. As for sight out of the tower style mirrors, I think they are no better than the window mounted mirrors unless you go with the 3 piece design you described. That sounds like it would be an improvement. You do get improved forward visibility because the mirror is raised up on the tower. I'm sure the Extreme product is great just thought I'd give you another option.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

Thanks, Jeff,
    I am intrigued by the Extreme because when my boarders go way out in the flats for a cut, I have to turn my head and look for them instead of just focusing on in front of the boat/mirror. While I think it is a safety thing, I also don't adjust to the real image/mirror reversed image quickly so I lose perspective in switching between the mirror and actual view. I was thinking all mirror would help both safety and perspective.
    Shoe

I also have the Monster Tower Mirror on a LSV and find it much better than the factory mirror. You can also check out the tower mirrors from Rosewell at rosewellwakeair.com but they seem expensive.

I have the tower mirror on my XLV and it's awesome. It has a great field of view and I mounted it high enough so that it doesn't obstruct my forward view at all. To me that was it's best selling point. I was tired of looking over or around a windshield mounted mirror, not to mention the wear on my window frame caused by the mounting clamp. Also I can leave it on when I put the cover on...I don't out of concern for theft. I have to store my boat at an outside storage.

chpprpilot,
    Is your tower mirror the three lens Extreme mirror and was it a Moomba accessory? If so, I believe the Moomba mirror is made by Roswell.
    Shoe

It's not the three lens, though I don't know the manufacturer since it came with the boat. But it does work much better than any windshield mounted mirror I've ever had and it adds to the safety of the boat by giving the driver much better visibility.