Default lsvboombox's ballast system now easy to copy

I plan to steal Rob's idea of the "Y" valve so I can use the 3 reversible factory pumps to easily set up the bow sac and a second port for the custom bag I plan to order (eventually) for the surf side. We all surf regular, so I think this will work great for us.

BONUS is that you can now get a "Y" valve from wakemakers!

http://www.wakemakers.com/bosworth-y-valve.html

So, here is the setup I'm looking at:

Pump 1 (blue) dedicated to port side bag
    Pump 2 (green) fills center hard tank, then use Y to divert to 2nd inlet on port bag
    Pump 3 (orange) fills starboard bag, which would be minimum/never, then use Y to divert to bow

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 03-21-2012 at 12:04 AM.

simple, effective, low cost. I love it

Hey, I'll bring that 1100lb bag I have to sinclair in July or you can take it home with you next month if you like
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I am still happy with the setup. Once i get up to the lake I am going to split the starboard pump like in your diagram to help fill my surf sac. You cant beat Cutting your surf sac fill time almost in half for 50 bucs..

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    I am still happy with the setup. Once i get up to the lake I am going to split the starboard pump like in your diagram to help fill my surf sac. You cant beat Cutting your surf sac fill time almost in half for 50 bucs..
    Did you hide the "switch" in a locker or under a seat or install in a seat base as shown in the wakemakers pic? Where do you plan to install the new one? Just curious if an install in the seat base turns into a tripping hazard r something the kids just cant resist messing with.

I LOVE this idea and agree that you can't beat the results for the cost of the valve and some extra hose. THANKS again for sharing your setup!

I had used the master valve because i mounted mine right under the observer seat and was worried that the plastic one would break if it was kicked accidentally. When i install the plastic one i will probably just put it in the engine compartment area. It will require less hose and i dont mind lifting the hatch and flipping the valve

Great Idea, I'm doing something similar. Instead of the wye valve I'm using a ball valve from home depot and a barbed wye from Wakemakers. The ball valve is only 5.00. Also I just picked up a ACME 1433 from Wakemakers. Summer can't get here soon enough....although, it is snowing today....
    2010 LSV

here is the mastercraft valve installed under the observer seat

The V-drives have alot more intricate ballast than a DD. But I used the cheap approach with Ball Valves and a T as well. One valve for the rear bag, and one for the side bag. both open, or one or the other closed to fill one at a time. They are both in the rear locker. If you don't mind sitting around and having a drink while they fill - it works
    100_7530.jpg100_8222.jpg
    also keep them both closed as a precaution to remedy the bags filling while in route or trailering. Although that was fixed with the irritrol flow through.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Nice, easy solution too.