Default Question on Amp Install

The amp I ordered is almost here Never having done this before, I have couple of noob quesitons. As background, I have a standard 6 speaker set up which I got new speakers for this year (infinity 612m). It was suggested to me to get a basic 4 channel amp and run the bow speakers off of 1 and 2, and the cabin speakers off of 3 and 4 (two speakers per channel). I went with a JL JX360/4

1) The head unit in the boat (I am hoping to not upgrade it this year) has 2 RCA outputs. Does this mean that I can only use 2 channels on the amp? If I do 2, bridged I think, that puts me way over the speaker limit.

2) Should the amp be on the same switch as the head unit? If so, do I need to upgrade the wire going to that switch?

Thanks in advance!

-- bk
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

Many 4 chnl amps on the market only need one set of RCA cables connected to the "AMP-1" inputs to run all 4 chnls. Some will pass through the signal automatically, while some just need to change the position of a switch. If your amp will not do this, then all you need is a pair of Y cables to split the single left and right RCA's into two.

This will still leave you an unused output for a tower or sub addition in the future.