Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Throwing in Reverse!

Hey, i have a 2007 Mobius LSV and the other day i had something fly out of my boat so i pulled the throttle back as fast as i could. When i did i went past neutral and went into reverse while pulling my dad slaloming at 28Mph. I dont know why i'm so worried cause the boats running perfect. But i want to get a 2nd opinion that everythings okay maybe im just worrying... But i will throw in that i do hear a light whistle when i first put the boat in gear. im thinking maybe its the proppler making a noise i don't know maybe i didnt know notice the noise when i put the boat in cause i had just had my prop re-done i don't know does anyone have a opinion on this thanks!

Should be fine. I have owned direct drive boats all my life. Had to do it on a few occasions in the past when idiots drive cross your bow. Should be all good
    2010 möbius ls "you ain't fallin you ain't learning"

Did your dad pick it up? Sudden stops is harder on the people more than the boat. Hats and towels can easily be replaced and if you're lucky they float for a short while to give to a chance to come back and get it.
    Last edited by zabooda; 03-19-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

did you submarine the boat like that mc did on youtube ?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Lol thanks guys for the comments and no didn't submarine it like the YouTube video but I did think about that once I got home!!

I love that vid... he looks at the camera person like "yep, I'm a dumbazz" I wish the camera would have kept rolling... he looks like he is giving it some throttle. I reckon it was still running?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    I reckon it was still running?
    I would think as long as the air intake did not ingest some water it kept running, maybe not good, but kept running
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

So what did Dad have to say about your stopping so abruptly?

I can see a quick stop if my rider is in trouble or trying to avoid a bonehead cutting across my bow, but not for a towel or hat flying out of the boat when I have a rider behind me... If I'd been the rider I'd whooped your arse when I got back onboard...

I'm sure the boat is fine, you need to get checked out however...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Your boat should be fine, I have done that a few times over the years. The tranny is only so strong before it will release any back pressure. At that point, the engine will probably (in my case once) stop running at that moment. I'm sure if you repeated it daily, you would have an issue, but the accidental issues will usually not cause major damage. Almost no way to damage the prop like that.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Well Ksmith considering I bought the boat and it was a accident nah daddy didn't get mad I've been pulling skiers for years this is something that doesn't happen regular.. He was at the end of a ski rope he just sunk down in the water... Wasn't like he coasted into the back of the boat ... Did i between mention surfing nope so he was a good distance back.

Thanks for the replies tho guys!

Once again I did not mean to pull back apast neutral!!!!
    And it was My GoPro that had fallen off the back I forgot to pick up!
    Last edited by wakebaorder6v0; 03-20-2012 at 06:14 PM.