Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I completed it last night and it went smoothly except for how tough it was to pull that sucker out. I damaged the rubber. Oh well. I posted a step by step video on YouTube with 4 quick videos on how to do it. Just search for impeller replacement vdrive. Thanks for your help. Saved me 500 bucks from the dealer.

EDIT: Excellent video linked in post #15 below.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 07-03-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    325 Indmar
    2 SONY 12" XPLOD Subs
    10 Kenwood 6.5"
    2 SONY 600W amps

Wakesurfing is way better than...

Glad to hear it worked out for you! Even with a damaged vane or two that impeller will still work just fine as a spare. So are you using the $500 "saved" to justify a new purchase for the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by kayjayfech View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to let you know I completed it last night and it went smoothly except for how tough it was to pull that sucker out. I damaged the rubber. Oh well. I posted a step by step video on YouTube with 4 quick videos on how to do it. Just search for impeller replacement vdrive. Thanks for your help. Saved me 500 bucks from the dealer.
    For the n Ext one get yourself the impeller puller. Its not that much and makes it very simply to crank the impeller out. Just twist the handle and out she comes. It does no damage to even the most pita impellers

Quote Originally Posted by kayjayfech View Post
    Awesome job! I wish more people would post videos like this. Still waiting for a nice oil change video that shows how to drain it through a thru hull under the boat.
    2000 Mobius V

Hey Everyone,

Here is another web site that does a great job at showing how to replace the impeller. Also, lots of other links that may be helpful if you don't know exactly what to do or if you are a first timer like me.

http://www.inboardonline.com/how-to/

Kidder
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

How often do you think you need to replace an impeller? Yes, when it looks bad, or your having temp issues, but other than that? 1x a year? every 100 hours?
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

i do mine every 2 years whether it needs it or not. Keep the old as a spare in the boat. Cheap insurance imo.
    they never seem to want to go out in a very optimum time

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I'm with viking.

That's what I do too. It's about 60-70 hrs. per year in clean fresh water. Not too worried. Probably still overkill.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Like a Pinto w/ $6,000 rims?