Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: protect mode ?

Daze - If your deck is only running RCA's out, then this is strange. Usually you see this situation when the deck amplifier is driving some speakers and one of the speakers has cooked, thus shutting down the deck. The same situation can happen to big amplifiers as well.

Heat kills electronics. If your deck is getting overly hot, then either something bad internally, or when the heat reaches a certain point the deck is protecting itself. this could be a situation where the deck is just tired and needs to be replaced.

If I where in your shoes, I'd probably isolate the deck from the amplifiers (i.e. tower/cabin/sub) and turn it on for awhile to see if it heats up and cuts out. Same test could be done with your stuff connected to it. Your only driving line level outputs so it shouldn't take a real long time to reach normal operating temps.

As mike mentioned, if you have battery issues in the scene then that should be addressed first. Feel free to hit me up on phone. I think you got my digits. Can walk you thru a couple of things...

-Brian

Brian, Im betting this battery is my main issue at this point. hopefully I can get some time saturday after work to get back into the boat and do some work to correct that.

Hey, since it looks like I did not wire up my incabins correctly, I had no idea the bow speakers had no volume out of them till I was standing in the bow this weekend, while it was in the garage I never sat in the bow to check them-bad on my part, how should I hook the 6 incabins up to the 800 amp?

gotta say that 800 and the incabins rock now-they sound so much better now with some power getting to them

thanks
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The 4 cabins wired to the rear channels of the amp and the bow wired to the front channels.

Check the back of the deck for any exposed wires shorting on themselves or on the head unit itself. That may be the culprit as well.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    The 4 cabins wired to the rear channels of the amp and the bow wired to the front channels.

Check the back of the deck for any exposed wires shorting on themselves or on the head unit itself. That may be the culprit as well.
    Second this you will just adjust the gain slightly higher on the channel with the cabins and it will be lower on the channels with the bow but it will sound balanced when walking from front to back of boat
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Dazed - haha. oh look, it's like a free upgrade-- 2 more speakers with music.

re hookup: exactly as Mike and Newt said. You will want to adjust the amp gains a bit as the front section will run at 4 ohms and the rear section will run at 2 ohms.

Also do some fine tuning with the crossover and see where the sweet spot is and make sure your running in HP mode to protect (filter out lows) the cabins.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    Dazed - haha. oh look, it's like a free upgrade-- 2 more speakers with music.

-Brian
    Exile Audio
    ---I love it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The head unit lives

not sure what I did or if I did anything. checked all the speaker wires from the headunit-no exposed wires, but did notice I had my amp rca's going into the wrong output, swapped outputs, found the reset and hit that and it came back to life.

bow speakers, had to remove both batterys and unbolt the amp board to be able to move the amps to where i could see how I had them wired, bow speakers were wired as Newty said to. Started looking at amp controls and moved the rca inputs from rear to front and switched channels and after hooking a battery back up to test them the bow speakers were cranking. got everthing bolted back in place and had a beer.

next up, gotta figure out why my one tower speaker isnt working--bet my soldering came loose.

thanks for the help guys
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold